This Sunday morning during our maintenance window we will be performing the following activities:
(1) Between 6:30 and 10:00 am EST we will apply a service pack to our Exchange cluster that provides email services for @middlebury.edu and @miis.edu. Due to the redundant configuration of our Exchange environment we do not expect there will be a service disruption. You may be asked to re-authenticate during or following this window the next time you connect with an outlook.
(2) Between 7:00 and 8:30 am EST we will be adjusting the configuration of Web Help Desk as recommended by the vendor to support the access of content on 3rd party systems. There will be a less than 10 minute period when Web Help Desk is unavailable.
(3) Between 7:00 and 9:00 am EST we will be upgrading components of our real audio/video server (muskrat), it’s content is accessible and served by CONTENTDM. There will be a less than 10 minute period when the associated digital content hosted on this system is unavailable.
(4) Between 7:00 and 9:00 am EST we will be upgrading components of our ERes Library system (bearcat). There will be a less than 10 minute service interruption of ERes.
(5) Between 8:00 and 10:00 am EST we will be upgrading papercut to v13.4 – there will be a less than 10 minute service interruption to the following printing related servers during this window:
Additionally there will be an approximately 10 minute interruption of Web Print services generally and approximately 30 minute interruption of printing services generally when the papercut database is upgraded. Additionally a number of printing stations (generally Kyocera-Mita) will require a hands-on visit, a software update with a restart that will take place during the later hour of our maintenance window.
We appreciate your patience as these essential maintenance activities are performed.