The following stats refer to activity on the Middlebury College Facebook page, the Middlebury College Twitter account, and share buttons on the main Middlebury College website. For trend comparison, the previous month’s statistics are included in parentheses, where appropriate.
- 325 (272) new people liked our Page, while 62 (33) people unliked our Page.
- 938 (756) unique people shared stories about our page. These stories include liking our Page, posting to our Page’s Wall, liking, commenting on or sharing one of our Page posts, answering a Question we posted, RSVPing to one of our events, mentioning our Page, phototagging our Page or checking in at our Place.
- 28907 (32097) unique people saw one of the items shared in that way.
- 52082 (57243) unique people saw content associated with our Page.
Top Five Facebook Posts
“Reach” is the number of people who saw the post. “Engagement” is the number of people who clicked on the post.
- Davis Family Library at Middlebury selected as one of the Top 10 college libraries! Reach: 8868, Engagement: 1156
- Read all about it: Panthers and Thoroughbreds take part in first-ever intercollegiate ‘roleo.’ Reach: 6166, Engagement: 247
- Sports Illustrated features Middlebury’s Kelly Brush Davisson ’08 as one of 10 ‘Athletes Who Care.’ Watch a WCAX interview with Kelly about this honor: http://www.wcax.com/video?clipId=8047568 Reach: 5886, Engagement: 238
- Mellon Foundation grant supports effort to connect liberal arts colleges and research universities, with a goal of increasing the number of faculty members from historically underrepresented backgrounds. Reach: 3976, Engagement: 172
- A Middlebury student from Arizona experiences New York while interning at Ars Nova, one of the city’s leading incubators for emerging artists. David Seamans’ internship was made possible with funding from the Middlebury Arts Council and the College’s Center for Education in Action. Reach: 3376, Engagement: 121
ShareThis is a service that tracks the clicks on the sharing buttons on our website. These buttons are shown on news postings, which are primarily found in the News Room, Arts, Sustainability, and Athletics sections of the site.
Shares By Channel
- Facebook: 60 (83) Shares, 1326 (2918) Clicks
- Twitter: 24 (32) Shares, 264 (197) Clicks
- Email: 21 (23) Shares, 130 (140) Clicks
- LinkedIn: 11 (8) Shares, 20 (0) Clicks
- Google+: 1 (0) Share, 1 (0) Click
Top Five Shared Pages
- Louis Bacon ’79 To Donate Historic Conservation Easement in Colorado 29 Shares, 0 Clicks
- Liberal arts colleges launch new strategy for diversifying faculty, partner with research universities 17 Shares, 169 Clicks
- Middlebury names Bill Burger vice president for communications 7 Shares, 185 Clicks
- Middlebury establishes program in India 6 Shares, 60 Clicks
- Men’s Hockey Thumps Tufts As Belisle Ties School Marks 5 Shares, 80 Clicks
- Facebook Insights Post Data December 2012
- Facebook Insights Page Data December 2012
- ShareThis Top Channels December 2012
- ShareThis Top URLs December 2012