There will be a number of planned network and systems service outages over the holiday break between Dec 22-28 as we upgrade network infrastructure that includes wiring, appliances and servers within our Data Centers and throughout the Middlebury campus. If you will not be on campus there will be minimal impact, short interruptions when you will not be able to reach network related services at the College remotely, however for those of you on campus, there are particular locations impacted by extended network outages (please keep reading).
Concerning the buildings that will be most impacted by extensive network rewiring, we have already notified the occupants and/or are working around others work schedules.
A detailed schedule is below. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Saturday Dec 22 6am – 5pm EST
- We expect several short ( 1-5 min) interruptions of on campus servers (Middfiles, web, email, library and academic systems – this does NOT include Banner)
- We also expect several (3 to 5) short interruptions (a few minutes, typically much less) and 1 longer (10-15 minutes) interruption of Internet connectivity. There will be an extended outage of middunplugged ; not middsecure or middstandard).
- Buildings that will see longer periods of downtime (the majority of the day) are: DKE, Centenno, CFA, Athletics (offices, pool, rink), Kirk, Stadium, Hadley House, McKinley House, Caddy Shack
Sunday Dec 23 6am – 5pm EST
- We will be performing maintenance on network components built out with redundancy that include the network core, while we do not expect any global downtime, we have scheduled this work during this maintenance window as a preventative measure.
- Buildings that will see longer periods of downtime (the majority of the day) are: Service Building, Starr Hall, Prescott, Brackett, Bowker Barn, Palmer, Brooker, Module Houses, Recycling
Wed Dec 26 8:00am – 5:00 pm EST
- We expect brief (typically less than 1 minute, occasionally as long as 10 minutes) of network connectivity to buildings throughout the campus.
- We expect a 5-10 minute network outage each to the 3rd, 4th, and 5th floor of BiHall.
- Emma Willard, Marbleworks, Court House & Painter will not be affected (if possible)
Thurs Dec 27 & Friday Dec 28 8:00 am – 5:00 pm EST
- We expect brief (typically less than 1 minute, occasionally as long as 10 minutes) of network connectivity to buildings throughout the campus
- Buildings that will see longer periods of downtime (the majority of the day) are: McCullough, Stewart, Robert A. Jones
Associate Dean, Library & Information Services, Director Enterprise Applications