To give our colleagues a better idea of what’s changed in our web applications each week, we’ll be preparing this quick list for publication each Friday. Not all of the details of each change are included below, but we’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have in the comments.
We’ve been able to successfully import content from the College Archives into Drupal using the Feeds OAI-PMH module which connects to CONTENTdm and pulls in all of the record metadata in the Dublin Core fields. This allows us to display views of information from the archives in Drupal, like a list of lectures in the Digital Lecture Archive.
- The Events calendar on the Current Students site now includes events from both the Featured Events and Student Events calendars. Thanks to our colleague Kristina in Events Management for putting together this combined calendar.
- We’ve added a Weather module which include a five day forecast from WeatherUnderground.com based on data from our on-campus weather station. The Weather module also includes photos from our MiddCams.
- The Featured News module (renamed from “MiddPoints”) now includes posts from MiddNotes and MiddPoints.
- Thanks to user feedback the mobile/portal directory now includes office hours in the result details.
- We’ve added an icon to link to WebMail from the mobile site’s homepage.
- We’ve added a Giving icon to the mobile site’s homepage.
Bug fixes to GO so that checking to see if there is a duplicate admin takes into account the institution of the code (MIIS or Midd).