To give our colleagues a better idea of what’s changed in our web applications each week, we’ll be preparing this quick list for publication each Friday. Not all of the details of each change are included below, but we’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have in the comments.
- Photos from Flickr.com (with photo credits) now appear in the Photos tab for any location. We get these by sending a request to Flickr asking for any geotagged images within 100 meters of the latitude and longitude stored for the location.
- You can see all of the tree information from Tim Parson’s Tree Map by selecting Trees under the Categories menu. We’ll be adding more special maps like this in the near future.
- You can now download vCard contact information for Middlebury College profiles. On each profile page there’s now a “Download Contact Information” link which generates a .vcf file. You can open this in Microsoft Outlook to add that person to your contacts. If you use GMail, click Contacts in the upper left, and then select Import from the More actions menu to upload a .vcf file.
- The “Log On” link in the left sidebar now says “Site Editor Log On”. This was changed because some Alumni visiting the Giving site assumed this was the Log On link for Middlebury Online, the Alumni network site. However, when the “Log On” link appears in the center column, such as when you visit a form that requires you to sign in, it will still just say “Log On”.
- We’ve added a new page to our wiki that lists any of the known browser incompatibility issues with our installation of Drupal.
- Upgraded modules: mimemail, jquery_ui, select_or_other, monster_menus, media.
- Links to external sites in the GOtionary have the rel=”nofollow” attribute added to them.
- Theme updates to the Midd theme to correct formatting issues with some pages in the LIS wiki.