BreadNet Evaluation: Next Steps
- FirstClass, the platform that is used by BreadNet, has functionality that is similar to email, mailing lists and forums.
- BreadNet has enabled the development of strong community of users who seem to be satisfied with the platform
- the version of FirstClass used by Breadnet is difficult and time-consuming to backup
- newer versions of FirstClass may offer improved functionality and be easier to maintain
- Adam will meet with Rick and get more details about issues with maintaining FirstClass server
- Dan will research newer versions of FirstClass
- Summary of Findings to date will be posted to the CT Blog
- SlideShare seems like a useful plugin for embedding presentations, would need to review it. Does require uploaded presentations to slideshare site and making public. Google Apps has a presentation tool that may also provide similar functionality
- CommentPress plugins also seem to be useful, again plugin code needs to be evaluated.
- With all of these need to find make sure we don’t force WordPress to provide functionality that it isn’t design to support….
- These plugins and tools that offer similar functionality also need to be evaluated in terms of the “best of breed” strategy vs. using what is available….