People have asked what’s up with teams. Here’s the deal. We have in hand self-nominations from across LIS, and we’re sifting through these nominations trying to decide which teams we should start with, and who should be on them. In addition to this, we’re also working with Sheila Andrus from Human Resources to develop some workshops for those in LIS either involved and/or impacted by the formation of teams. These workshops will address:
- What is the role and responsibility of the sponsor/mentor of a team?
- What is the role and responsibility of a team leader?
- What is the role and responsibility of a team member?
- How does the relationship of a supervisor of a team leader or a team member change when their staff member is now also leading or a member of a team?
- How should we communicate our plans, priorities, resource needs, and accomplishments?
Once we’ve organized the workshops and recruited the teams, the teams will begin by going through these workshops together. Stay tuned!