Digital Media Tutor
Since May 13, 2013, I have been working at Wilson Media Lab at Davis Family Library at Middlebury College. Through my job at the Media lab, I was able to offer technical support to faculty, staff, and students. I have worked the last two summers at Media lab, by taking on projects from all departments on campus.
Projects accomplished at Media lab:
I managed to expertise in WordPress at my work. I created, managed or helped out with many websites individually or together with other colleagues of mine for Faculties, Departments and Middlebury Snow Bowl of Middlebury College.
- VT Family Friendly Ski Area | Middlebury Snow Bowl
- Rikert Nordic Center
- Political Ecology of GMOs
- Middlebury College Studio Art
- Prof. Margaret K. Nelson
- Humanities at Middlebury
- Middlebury Architectural Studies
- Adventure Writing & Digital Storytelling
- Writing and Teaching Retreat, 2014
- HIST 373: History of American Women
- U.S. History, 1860 – 2000
- A History of Gender in Early America
While working at Wilson Media lab I have been responsible to offer tutoring and aid services in all Wilson Media lab’s MultiMedia editing programs, and others, such as:
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Ms Word, Ms PowerPoint, Ms Excel
- Digitizing VCR cassettes
- Plotter Poster Printing (Assisting and trouble-shooting in case of need)
- Many Others
Working as a DMT, I managed to excel in many MultiMedia areas. I have been using such skills in my every day academics, activities and future career prospects.
As an enthusiast of Creative Writing student, I have been uploading some of my writings to share my stories developed in classes. For example:
- Kabul Media Connection (KMC) to empower Afghan youth and women through media. I managed to use my skills for better fundraising purposes for my projects in Afghanistan through my middstart page event.
- Founder of Afghanistan College Confidential (Facebook group) to promote online information regarding educational scholarships available to Afghan high school, BA, MA and PhD degrees. This way Afghanistan will have a more reliable future assests, highly educated Afghan leaders of tomorrow.
- Midd-Afghan Fly Kite Club to bring Afghan traditions and hobbies to Middlebury Campus.
- Middlebury College Aviation Club to enable the new almost established club enabling Middlebury students to learn how to fly planes and get their flying licenses.
Future Career possibility:
Hoping to found Golden Gate Company in Kabul in order to bridge the technology gap in Afghanistan by supplying Silicon Valley’s best of IT products to Afghan IT markets. Currently, a friend has founded Coryell Solutions. (I used my knowledge to help my friend created the WordPress website for the business).
I am hoping to use all my MultiMedia knowledge and skills to launch my business career in Media markets both here in the US and also in Afghanistan.