Clinical Research Assistant
Center for Motility and Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition
Drs. Samuel Nurko, Rachel Rosen, and Leonel Rodriguez
The research assistant for the Motility Center provides direct assistance to the team in the implementation of varied research projects, working on subject recruitment, coordination of study visits, and regulatory documentation. The research assistant also participates in data collection, management, and analysis. He/she works closely with the physician investigators and has frequent contact with other departments in the hospital and outside organizations. Applicant must be organized, responsible, and able to work independently, with strong interpersonal skills. It is preferable that the applicant have interest in pursuing a career in medicine or a related discipline. A two year commitment is required. The successful applicant will have an opportunity to learn about all aspects of research, including study design and planning, patient recruitment, and data analysis, and will frequently interact with patients. The applicant will also participate fully in the academic activities of the Center for Motility. Start date June 2014.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates study procedures and clinic visits
- Participates in the recruitment of patients for clinical studies
- Participates during the research visit (including collection of samples, administration of study questionnaires, etc)
- Assists in regulatory documentation and development of protocols
- Organizes and maintains data on paper or into computer records
- Computer data entry
- Provides positive and effective customer service that supports departmental and hospital operations
- Contributes to the teamwork within and between departments and organizations
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required For the Position
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Competency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Experience with SPSS a plus.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to Janine Amirault at email@example.com
Clinical Research Assistant
Full Time with Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
The Clinical Research Assistant assists in the daily clinical research study activities, including: the collection, maintenance, and organization of study documents and data, preparation of grant applicants and regulatory documents for the Institutional Review Board and Grants and Contracts Office, and the coordination of all study-related procedures, visits, and meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides assistance with all research-related activities, including, but not limited to: answering phone calls, screening patients for eligibility, registering subjects with the sponsoring agency, administering lifestyle questionnaires, coordinating subject visits and preparing applicable study documents.
- Collects and records study data. Inputs and maintains data in the research database.
- Assists in the completion of regulatory paperwork, including grant application preparations and IRB/GCO submissions and filings.
- Maintains source documents and subject files in accordance with institutional procedures. Ensures the accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews.
- Secures, delivers and ships clinical specimens as required by the study sponsors and protocol.
- Facilitates the administrative scheduling, document preparation, and visit coordination for subject visits.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an expressed interest in science.
- One year of experience in a research environment preferred.
- Intermediate MS Word (Word, Excel), Access, Outlook.
- Experience with SAS and SPSS, preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding ability to work well with others, particularly in a team setting.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid time-management skills and ability to effectively multitask.
Jennifer Sena, MPH, Research Manager: Email: Jennifer.Sena@mountsinai.org