Presented by Unite For Sight, and sponsored by Harvard Business Innovations in Global Health Care, the Innovators Forum will draw health, education, development, and social entrepreneurship professionals and students for a focused, highly interactive, and collaborative conference on best and emerging practices for effective programs. We would also appreciate it if you can please forward this message to your colleagues who may be interested in attending. We hope to see you at the Innovators Forum!
A Health and Social Entrepreneurship Conference
Presented by Unite For Sight and Sponsored by Harvard Business Innovations in Global Health Care
Friday, March 14, 2014
Shubert Theater, New Haven, Connecticut
- Keynote Addresses
- “Managing Uncertainty,” Ken Himmelman, Chief Program Officer, Partners In Health
- “Is the World Ready for Nonprofit or Pharmaceutical Companies?” Victoria Hale, Founder and CEO, Medicines360
- “QuestBridge: One Organization’s Journey to Scale,” Ana Rowena McCullough, Co-Founder and CEO, QuestBridge
- Perspectives on Innovating
- “Building a Health Delivery Model for 1 Billion Rural People, Starting with One Remote Village in Liberia,” Jason Bae, Director, Last Mile Health
- “A New Face of American Diplomacy: Global Health Service Abroad,” Vanessa Kerry, Chief Executive Officer, Seed Global Health
- “The Developing World’s Healthcare Problems are Complicated. The Solutions Don’t Need to Be,” David Barash, Executive Director, Global Health Portfolio and Chief Medical Officer, GE Foundation
- Key Lessons From Building Innovative, Successful Programs
- “Social and Mobile Innovations for Global Health Programs,” Bobby Jefferson, Director, Center for Development Informatics, Futures Group
- “Contagious Health & Happiness,” Leila Makarechi, COO, Microclinic International
- “Social Change is a Process, Not a Formula: Practical Lessons from Twenty Years of Success and Failure,” Dean Cycon, Founder and CEO, Dean’s Beans Organic Coffee Co.
- Conversations with Early-Stage Innovators, Global Health Technology Organizations, and Established Organizations
- Six Innovators Forum audience members will each present a 5-minute presentation to the Innovators Forum audience about their organization, current and expected impact, current challenges, and questions for the expert speakers. The presenters will then engage in a conversation with the keynote speakers and with Charlie MacCormack, President Emeritus at Save The Children, on the Shubert Theater stage and in front of the conference audience. The expert speakers will answer questions and offer guidance and advice. The entire audience will then have an opportunity to ask questions of the presenters and the expert speakers. In addition to offering a unique opportunity for the six selected presenters, the Innovators Forum audience will gain extensive insight from the expert speakers about navigating the challenges and complexities of real issues being experienced by the innovators in the audience.
Complete details and the Innovators Forum schedule can be seen at http://www.uniteforsight.org/forum