Community Outreach & Program Support Trainee Vermont Health Connect Navigation Program
There are large, historic changes to how health care is being delivered in Vermont. The Navigation Program at CVOEO is working to ensure that Vermonters are aware of the changes happening with the implementation of National Health Reform laws and the new State health care “Exchange,” Vermont Health Connect. CVOEO is also providing in-person assistance to Vermonters who need help using the new system, understanding how health insurance works, comparing and choosing a plan, and accessing financial assistance.
Trainees will have the opportunity to attend for free, 20+ hours of on-line training to become a certified Vermont Health Connect Navigator. This certification provides the qualification required to provide one-on-one support to Vermonters enrolling through Vermont Health Connect and is a tremendous opportunity and career development opportunity for someone interested in employment related to health care, non-profit or social service work, and Vermont’s health reform efforts.
The Navigation Program is looking for trainees to support both health care enrollment and a wide range of community outreach efforts. Trainees can participate in either enrollment or outreach, or both, depending on their skills and interests. Strong customer service skills and a background check is a requirement for either of these jobs.
- Enrollment Navigators: Trainees interested in enrolling will be working on-site and/or off-site in community locations, such as public libraries. They will be trained to counsel people on their coverage options and to sign someone up for coverage and financial assistance in the Vermont Health Connect on-line web portal.
- Outreach & Education Navigators: Trainees can use their Navigator training for outreach and education only, helping CVOEO to get the word out about our enrollment support and answering questions. This work would be perfect for someone interested in building or using skills related to event planning, marketing, education and outreach. Outreach & Education trainees can assist with a wide range of tasks including but not limited to: assisting with email communications and program updates to community partners and the general public, organizing and staffing outreach events, maintaining outreach supplies and materials, distributing marketing materials to community partners and public locations, staffing informational tables at local events and community locations, handing out materials and answering basic questions, developing content for press releases, social media and success stories, speaking with business managers and distributing information to businesses and employees, developing new partnerships within the non-profit and business community, providing information and support to individuals with health care related questions.
Navigator Skills Required:
- Exceptional customer service, organization and computer skills.
- Ability to grasp and clearly articulate difficult, technical information to people with varying abilities.
- Confidentiality Compliance
- Cultural sensitivity and interest in working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to attend outreach events and work in community locations is preferred.
- For outreach: PR/Marketing/ Communication skills
CONTACT: Tatum O’Malley: email@example.com and (802) 860-1417 x115