RSS Feed

Executive Board

Hannah Geldermann // Co-President

GRADUATION YEAR: 2016
MAJOR: Environmental Chemistry
MINOR: Global Health

WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

I joined GlobeMed in order to gain a broader and more holistic understanding of health.  I am interested in pursuing a career in medicine, and GlobeMed offers me the opportunity to apply what I am learning in the classroom to a more hands-on approach to health issues that affect the world.

Grace Backe // Co-President
GRADUATION YEAR: 2015.5
MAJOR: International and Global Studies with a focus in Political Science and Southeast Asia
MINOR: Spanish

WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

Through our partner GHI in Rwanda, and weekly meetings, I get to engage with smart, passionate fellow students as apart of a proactive, practical approach to global health issues, which is truly inspiring.

Hannah Blackburn // Global Health U Coordinator
GRADUATION YEAR: 2017
MAJOR: Economics

WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

I joined GlobeMed to learn more about the health initiatives I’m already excited about, to learn about new ways to implement better health initiatives and, most of all, to discuss these topics with other people who are equally enthusiastic about providing better health opportunities to people around the world.
 Screenshot_2015-10-28-18-42-37~2
Patrick Monette // Global Health U Coordinator
GRADUATION YEAR: 2017
MAJOR: Molecular Biology/Biochemistry
MINOR: Global Health, Religion
WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:
I joined GlobeMed because I wanted to learn more about healthcare at the international level. Public health is a complex multi-faceted field, and each week I enjoy having the opportunity to discuss and learn more about my place in the world.
Becca Cohen // Campaigns Co-Coordinator
GRADUATION YEAR: 2017
MAJOR: Economics

WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

I joined GlobeMed because I am pre med and  I love how GlobeMed encourages me to think about health from a more social, economic, and political perspective rather than from a strictly scientific background.

Meaghan O’Herron//Campaigns Co-Coordinator
GRADUATION YEAR: 2016
MAJOR: Political Science
MINOR: Spanish and English
WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:
As a student at Middlebury I am in a position of great privilege. I feel passionately about utilizing my position to help those living in poverty, while encouraging other students to also join the global health equity movement.

Elle Murata//Co-Director of Development 

GRADUATION YEAR: 2017
MAJOR: Neuroscience
MINOR: Japanese

WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

I come from a very international background and am interested in integrating this with my interest in health/ medicine and the desire to help other people in a sustainable way.

Emily Selch // Co-Director of Development 
GRADUATION YEAR: 2015.5
MAJOR: International and Global Studies with a focus in Political Science and Latin America

WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

I joined GlobeMed because it incorporates different disciplines and perspectives to create a dynamic learning environment, to raise awareness, and to encourage change on an issue (global health) that affects everyone.

Anastasia Pechler//Co-Director of Development 

GRADUATION YEAR: 2016
MAJOR: International Politics and Economics
WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:
I joined GlobeMed because I am interested in global health issues and how those issues are being addressed. GlobeMed is a great space to engage and discuss global health issues.

Maddie Hack//Director of Communications and Social Media

GRADUATION YEAR: 2017
MAJOR: Political Science
MINOR: Global Health

WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

I’m interested in how passionate individuals can best interact with global health NGOs and governments to make sustainable and meaningful improvements in nations with vastly different healthcare delivery systems than the United States. GlobeMed gives me an opportunity to learn about international responses to global health issues and observe a successful model of community-based health engagement through our partnership with Gardens for Health International.

No Comments »

You must be logged in to post a comment.