RSS Feed

Executive Board

Sayre White // Co-President

GRADUATION YEAR: 2015
MAJOR: Economics
MINOR: Global Health, Spanish

WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

I joined GlobeMed because I cherish the opportunity to discuss issues I am passionate about with smart, engaged Middlebury students. We are lucky to have an open platform for discussion and learning that occurs outside the traditional classroom, one that compliments and supplements the learning we do individually in an academic setting.

Cate Stanton // Co-President 
GRADUATION YEAR: 2015.5
MAJOR: Geography
MINOR: Political Science

WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

I’m in GlobeMed because it offers a space for students to develop leadership skills, to engage in discussion and action around pressing and complex issues and to create a community of individuals with a diverse array of interests, passions and experiences.

Grace Backe // Global Health U Coordinator
GRADUATION YEAR: 2015.5
MAJOR: International and Global Studies with a focus in Political Science and Southeast Asia
MINOR: Spanish

WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

Through our partner GHI in Rwanda, and weekly meetings, I get to engage with smart, passionate fellow students as apart of a proactive, practical approach to global health issues, which is truly inspiring.

Austin Nalen // Global Health U Coordinator
GRADUATION YEAR: 2014.5
MAJOR: International and Global Studies
MINOR: Global Health and French

WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

I joined GlobeMed because it is a way to apply theory I learn in class to real-life situations and (hopefully) make an impact.

Hannah Geldermann // Campaigns Co-Coordinator
GRADUATION YEAR: 2016
MAJOR: Environmental Chemistry

WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

I joined GlobeMed in order to gain a broader and more holistic understanding of health.  I am interested in pursuing a career in medicine, and GlobeMed offers me the opportunity to apply what I am learning in the classroom to a more hands-on approach to health issues that affect the world.

Stephanie Soussloff//Campaigns Co-Coordinator
GRADUATION YEAR: 2015.5
MAJOR: Geography
WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:
I joined Globemed to both have a place to engage with my peers in discussions related to Global Health, as well as be part of a organization that relies on team-based work to make a difference beyond the Middlebury Community.

Hannah Blackburn // Co-Director of Development
GRADUATION YEAR: 2017
MAJOR: Economics

WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

I joined GlobeMed to learn more about the health initiatives I’m already excited about, to learn about new ways to implement better health initiatives and, most of all, to discuss these topics with other people who are equally enthusiastic about providing better health opportunities to people around the world.

998750_10152009974726320_1756830444_n-2

Emily Nuss//Co-Director of Development 

GRADUATION YEAR: 2017
MAJOR: Biology
MINOR: Global Health

WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

I am involved in GlobeMed because of my interest in understanding the underlying social factors that impact and cause health inequity. I hope to use the skills I develop in the field of global health in my future medical career.

Emily Selch // Co-Director of Engagement 
GRADUATION YEAR: 2015.5
MAJOR: International and Global Studies with a focus in Political Science and Latin America

WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

I joined GlobeMed because it incorporates different disciplines and perspectives to create a dynamic learning environment, to raise awareness, and to encourage change on an issue (global health) that affects everyone.

Hannah Blair//Co-Director of Community Engagement 

GRADUATION YEAR: 2017
MAJOR: International and Global Studies with a focus in Latin America
MINOR: Global Health
WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:
I joined GlobeMed because I am interested in health systems and equity around the world, specifically maternal and child health and nutrition.

globemedbiojc
Jenny Chute// Director of Finances
GRADUATION YEAR: 2015
MAJOR: EconomicsWHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:
I joined GlobeMed after becoming interested in the business side of global health from my internship for VisionSpring, a social enterprise that sustainably brings both eyeglasses and jobs to both urban and rural parts of El Salvador.

Maddie Hack//Director of Communications and Social Media
GRADUATION YEAR: 2017
MAJOR: Political Science
MINOR: Global Health and Spanish
WHY I JOINED GLOBEMED:

I’m interested in how passionate individuals can best interact with global health NGOs and governments to make sustainable and meaningful improvements in nations with vastly different healthcare delivery systems than the United States. GlobeMed gives me an opportunity to learn about international responses to global health issues and observe a successful model of community-based health engagement through our partnership with Gardens for Health International.

»

You must be logged in to post a comment.