This course will give you the tools to:
- Analyze the themes, aesthetics, and cultural impact of representations of teens and young adults in contemporary media
- Interrogate cultural and industrial definitions of generation, and considering their commercial and ideological impact.
- Think both critically and holistically about the networks of cultural production, media production, and reception that produce discourses of generation and identity.
- Engage in and critique academic conversations on generation, genre, and media culture, including questions of representation, spectatorship, and audience engagement.
- Negotiate your own investment in (or ambivalence toward) dimensions of contemporary media culture as you seek insight into millennial media representations and millennial media reception.