Getting there…

This will eventually turn into a homebase for my training log, adventure updates, race goals, epic tales, and everything else that’s happening up here in Middlebury, VT.

Right now though, Nikki is here and I’m slaving away at work.  Once I can get a handle on this, more will come.  Until then I’ll leave with these few tidbits on summer happenings so far…

Going to the Breadloaf Writer’s Conference-America’s oldest and most prestigious writing conference-with Grandma Dot!

Almost done editing Angie’s wedding photos;

Training for a 50k trail race (run) in September;

Visited 3 different waterfalls, hiked to a scenic overlook, found a “cave” (and crawled into it), and hiked all over…all in one day with Nikki;

Climbed Camel’s Hump with Nikki, VT’s 3rd highest peak, and the highest undeveloped peak in VT, and one of only 3 peaks in VT to feature  an “Alpine Summit.”  Little vegetation up top (you’re above treeline) and unobstructed views in every direction, including Mt. Mansfield to the North (VT’s highest peak), Mt. Washington to the East (NH’s highest peak), and Mt. Marcy to the West (NY’s highest peak);

Broke my bike, waiting for Trek to ship a new one, then epic rides around VT on it;

Then maybe once my bike is fixed I can race it…?

Beginning my art photography once again as soon as I finish Angie’s wedding in my local studio in an 1800s stone mill in town;

Volunteering at a local horse farm: learning to care for horses, toying with agricultural/farming, rebuilding barns, muddy labor, and of course, learning to ride horses;

And the list goes on…