Access Privileges: Must have taken Sight and Sound II (FMMC 0335) or Cinematography (FMMC 1018)
Imagine a world in balance. Imagine smoothness, freedom and grace. With the Glidecam 2000 PRO and Glidecam 4000 PRO your camcorder floats, always balanced, isolated from your hand’s undesirable motions. Now you are free to move with your camera panning, tilting, booming or running without any camera instability or shake. Lightweight, hand-held camcorder stabilizing systems allows you to shoot incredibly smooth and graceful shots, even while running up and down stairs or traveling over rugged terrain. And when it comes to normal shooting, like walking or moving the camera slowly around someone, the results are equally magical. Shot after shot, move after move, it delivers beautifully smooth and professional results. With the Glidecam 4000 Pro you no longer need a tripod or a dolly. All you need is your imagination!
- – The 2000 Pro is 14″ tall and supports any camcorder weighing up to 6 pounds.
- – The 4000 Pro is 18″ tall and supports any camcorder weighing from 4-10 pounds.
- – Easy to set up and balance, they allow unrestricted booming and 360 degree panning.
- – Offset handle grip is attached to a free-floating precision Gimbal, allowing hand movement up and down and side to side, thereby isolating unwanted hand interference from the camera. The up and down movement alleviates the bouncing pogo-type action associated with other systems whose handles can’t move up and down.
- – You can shoot upside-down, sideways, low near the ground, overhead and angled, as in a Dutch shot.
- – The system’s free floating, precision gimbal includes integrally shielded bearings, two of which are housed in the unique Offset Handle grip. These precision bearings create the super-smooth and pivotable connection between your arm and the unit’s Central Support Post.
- – Counterweights on the Base Platform can be quickly attached or adjusted while the system is resting in an upright position on its base.
- – Camera platform moves back and forth and side to side, allowing quick adjustment of your camera’s horizontal balance. Camera’s vertical balance is adjusted by varying the amount of counterweight disks on the base platform. When balanced properly the camera floats, ready for you to move into action.
- – For remote viewing, an optional LCD monitor can be attached to the mounting holes on the base platform.