The Middlebury College Figure Skating Club is a non-competitive figure skating program open to children in the local community regardless of college affiliation.
Ice Shows – all are invited to come to the Ice Show and see our skaters, guests and College skaters perform:
- Saturday, February 16, 2019 from 4:00 p.m. to 6 p.m. and
- Sunday, February 17, 2019 from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Skaters are grouped by experience and ability. Group lessons are taught by head coach MariAnn Osborne and her team of experienced coaches from the community and college club.
- All skaters have lessons on Sundays.
- More experienced skaters have one additional lesson per week before school.
- Some groups may have the opportunity to participate in additional show numbers for the Ice Show. Typically, lessons for those groups are Friday mornings 7:00 – 7:45 a.m. Participation will be optional, registration will be via email as groups are created.
- High School Seniors will be supported in their solo numbers (if they wish to perform solos).
Ages: Children must be 5 years old by December 31, 2018 to participate.
Dates: Lessons begin Sunday October 14, 2018 and culminate in all groups showcasing their skills in Middlebury College’s Winter Carnival Ice Shows the weekend of February 15-17, 2019.
Location: Chip Kenyon Arena at Middlebury College
Fee: See here
Gear & Apparel: Skaters need to provide their own skates. Costumes for the ice show are unique and families will have costume expenses (between $20-$100 per number).
Parents: Middlebury College Figure Skating Club is run entirely by volunteers. Parents have the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of jobs to help support their skaters and put on two amazing shows!
Information: For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org