Heard from Danielle Kruse ’11, and below her note is a full job description for one of the jobs:
As Rachel Schrier and I prepare to resign from our positions at Mount Sinai and head off to medical school, we will be involved in the recruitment process for our replacements. Our positions have been posted on the Mount Sinai HR website:
If anyone is interested, please have them email us their resumes as well:
Both Rachel and I have found these positions very rewarding. We have had the chance to gain clinical experience, research experience, and be exposed to many aspects of medicine, which has been very helpful in the interviewing process. We have worked directly with world-class surgeons and physicians, and would recommend this position to anyone interested in a meaningful 2-year experience between graduating from Middlebury and attending medical school.
Job Title: Clinical Research Assistant
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location/Affiliates: Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
Department: 862 – Surgery
Requisition Number: 13-1510846
The Mount Sinai Hospital / The Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Title: Clinical Research Assistant
The Clinical Research Assistant assists in the daily clinical research study activities, including: the collection, maintenance, and organization of study documents and data, preparation of grant applicants and regulatory documents for the Institutional Review Board and Grants and Contracts Office, and the coordination of all study-related procedures, visits, and meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides assistance with all research-related activities, including, but not limited to: answering phone calls, screening patients for eligibility, registering subjects with the sponsoring agency, administering lifestyle questionnaires, coordinating subject visits and preparing applicable study documents.
2. Collects and records study data. Inputs and maintains data in the research database.
3. Assists in the completion of regulatory paperwork, including grant application preparations and IRB/GCO submissions and filings.
4. Maintains source documents and subject files in accordance with institutional procedures. Ensures the accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews.
5. Secures, delivers and ships clinical specimens as required by the study sponsors and protocol.
6. Facilitates the administrative scheduling, document preparation, and visit coordination for subject visits.
7. Performs other related duties.
Minimum Education Bachelor’s Degree with an expressed interest in science.
Minimum Related Experience One year of experience in a research environment preferred.
Minimum Computer Skills Intermediate MS Word (Word, Excel), Access, Outlook. Experience with SAS and SPSS, preferred .
General Skills Excellent written and oral communication skills. Outstanding ability to work well with others, particularly in a team setting. Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy. Solid time-management skills and ability to effectively multitask.
This position generally reports to: The Research Manager for the Department of Surgery.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
Mount Sinai Medical Center–An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.
The person who sent this e-mail—Jennifer Sena, MPH, Research Manager—said that interested applicants should send their resumes and cover letters via e-mail to: Jennifer.Sena@mountsinai.org