Hi, everyone–some great new internships and jobs this week! And remember–there are many more opportunities on MOJO! Drop-ins are from 2-5, Monday-Friday, if you need some assistance as you explore a potential career in the non-profit sector.
Tracy Himmel-Isham, Assistant Director, Career Services
What’s New in INTERNSHIPS:
APPLICATION DEADLINES THIS WEEK:
- Juniors, are you interested in working in Sao Paulo, Brazil, this summer? Apply to be a Research Intern at Endeavor Brasil, a nonprofit committed to mentoring entrepreneurs worldwide. (Deadline: 3/10)
- Apply for this Infrastructure and Design Internship at Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership, a nonprofit educational organization engaging visitors with field research experience in a remote off-shore environment. (3/11)
- Multiple Addison County Poverty Internships with the Council Against Domestic Assault and Sexual Violence, John Graham Shelter, Open Door Clinic, and Middlebury Community Care Coalition. Check them all out! (3/11)
- Research Internship at the Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership, a nonprofit educational organization aiming to engage visitors in field research and leadership training in a remote off-shore environment. (3/15)
- Want to help youth ages 5 to 18 in Vermont have an awesome and adventurous summer? Be a Community Intern with the DREAM Program, a mentoring organization that pairs college students with youth from affordable housing neighborhoods. (3/15)
- Unique summer Social Media Communications Fellowship at AMURTEL Haiti, an organization entirely run by women in Port au Prince providing relief for women and children. This opportunity is provided by a Midd Alum! (3/15)
- Paid summer internship at the Center for Whole Communities at Knoll Farm, which fosters inclusive communities that are strongly rooted in place and where all people have access to and a healthy relationship with the natural world. (3/15)
- Paid summer Community Engagement Internship with the Institute of Southern Jewish Life, a Mississippi-based non-profit that partners with local community based organizations on efforts related to literacy, education, health and economic independence. (3/15)
- Interested in gaining a new perspective on Native American cultures? Apply for this paid summer internship with the Conservancy of Southwest Florida and work with SWAIA, a non profit devoted to supporting Native arts and cultures. (3/15).
- Summer Organizer Campaign Internship and Outreach Internship with Rural Vermont, a non-profit advocacy group advancing economic justice for VT farmers. (3/15)
- Want to gain a first-hand understanding of a young entrepreneurial non-profit? Apply for this paid Summer Internship with the Global Health Corps, a global community of emerging leaders building a movement for health equity. (Deadline: 3/15)
What’s New in JOBS:
APPLICATION DEADLINE THIS WEEK:
What’s New in VOLUNTEER Opportunities:
- March 11 & 12: Fund for Public Interest Group Info Table – The Fund for the Public Interest is a national nonprofit that builds support for progressive organizations. Join to gain knowledge of pressing concerns the country is facing and how to effectively generate public support.
- March 13: Middlebury Spring Job Fling – Seniors, not sure what to do after Middlebury? This is your chance to meet with a variety of liberal arts-friendly employers, like the Peace Corps, and Career Services staff all in one convenient place! Participating employers will be added to MOJO as they register.
- March 13: Peace Corps Recruiter-in-Residence Open Hours: Considering a career in International Sustainable Development? Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of community members? If you answered yes, you should consider becoming a Peace Corps volunteer after graduation.