Position description: Seasonal (April through October, 2013), 30 hour/week position with CFE/Save the Sound, a bi-state group dedicated to improving and restoring Long Island Sound and its tributaries. Salary is $15.00/hour. The project goals include:
1. Installing green infrastructure solutions to recharge Southington aquifer at two visible public facilities in Southington, Connecticut: a senior center and high school.
2. Coordinate the construction of up to 12 backyard residential rain gardens with a dozen homeowners in the Southington area. The Assistant will be a major on-the-ground implementation coordinator for this project, working closely under the direct supervision of Save the Sound’s project manager for this project.
Job responsibilities will include assisting with all logistical coordination associated with supervising construction of these projects.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Coordinating and negotiating construction related tasks and details with residents, municipal officials and their contractors/employees;
2. Coordinating budgets and implementation schedules, and volunteer events;
3. Coordinating and supervising volunteers in volunteer planting activities at these sites;
4. Completing direct landscaping tasks; and
5. Maintaining a check list of critical tasks associated with a budget reimbursement protocol.
6. Report to Project Manager.
The applicant is expected to possess the following skills and capacities:
· – Provide their own transportation to the Southington areas work sites(s);
· – Some weekend work will be required;
· – Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
· – Physical ability and interest in a range of landscaping and gardening tasks requiring lifting, shoveling, and other forms of physical work;
· – Background and interest in the use of green infrastructure as a pathway to improve water quality;
· – Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
· – Benefits per CFE Employee manual include: health and disability insurance, holidays and accrued time off, reimbursement of expenses approved by supervisor.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by COB, MONDAY, MARCH 25.