Consider applying to the Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service
June 10 – August 4, 2012
Georgetown University, Washington, DC
*** PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE – FEBRUARY 7***
SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING AVAILABLE
The Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service is a summer academic internship program in Washington, D.C. offering both internships and classes focusing on volunteerism and the nonprofit sector.
Highlights of the Institute include:
• Internships – Competitive placements with leading nonprofit organizations
• Classes – Up to 9 transferable credits in ethics and philanthropy from Georgetown University
• Housing – Roommate matching and furnished on-campus apartments in the heart of D.C.
• Service – A variety of hands-on community projects with local and national organizations
• Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top nonprofit executives and scholars
• Leadership & Professional Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
• Networking – With seasoned nonprofit professionals and top student leaders from around the world
• Scholarships – Approximately 70% of students receive generous awards based on merit and financial need.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until March 7, 2012. Students who complete their application by the priority deadline of February 7, 2012 will receive priority internship placement and scholarship consideration.
For more information or to start an application, please visit the website.
If you are considering a summer of service and have questions about the program, please feel free to contact Kristen Wright, IPVS Program Coordinator, at IPVS@tfas.org or 202.986.0384.
You must be logged in to post a comment.