As the Career Services Digital Media Specialist you will create cutting edge student, staff, employer and professional video content for Career Service’s projects, i.e. Web site, blogs, and video clips for presentations.
- Produce videos and multimedia for the Web site, presentations and educational and outreach efforts.
- Access via proper channels, digital editing systems, and other equipment and facilities provided by different departments on campus.
- Conduct post-production editing of video for use in projects directed by CSO and potentially used by other College offices/programs.
- Set up staging and equipment for video shoots of interviews used in educational clips.
- Coordinate with various constituencies on- and off- campus, i.e. students, alumni, employers, professionals and staff.
- Transfer content to Web from a variety of software programs.
- Proofread text.
- Responsible for the storage of video footage and audiotape related to the projects.
- Collaborate with Media Services and Communications Office staff as necessary.
Experience & Qualifications
Experience in digital multimedia technologies and post-production editing required.
- Working and exhibited knowledge of multimedia software and hardware, i.e. FinalCut Pro/Express, iMovie, Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of audio and video technology and basic knowledge of desktop environment.
- Working knowledge of the Middlebury College Web site using Drupal and other social media technologies.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others, meet deadlines, enjoy ongoing educational and professional development.
The position would be 6-8 hours per week. Looking for a student who can start preferably during winter term through spring, but is negotiable.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter and a link or samples representative of recent digital media work to:
Tracy Himmel Isham, Career Services