My office hours this fall will be:
- Monday, 11:00 – 12:00 at the Franklin Environmental Center at Hillcrest, room 204
- Thursday, 1:30 – 3:00 at the Center for Social Entrepreneurship (118 South Main St., light green house right below the library)
Students with documented disabilities who believe that they may need accommodations in this class are encouraged to contact me as early in the semester as possible to ensure that such accommodations are implemented in a timely fashion. Assistance is available to eligible students through the ADA Office. Please contact Jodi Litchfield, the ADA Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-443-5936 for more information. All discussions will remain confidential.
All assignments for this class must include the Middlebury College honor code pledge: “I have neither given nor received unauthorized aid on this assignment.” As a reminder, here is the college’s honor code.
After consultation with student life administrators, and careful evaluation of student feedback, the Department of Economics will continue its “pilot project” of proctored exams in its six core courses (ECON 0150, 0155, 0210, 0211, 0250, 0255).
I ask that you not use laptops and cellphones in class for several reasons. See these good recent articles here, which we will discuss:
- “The Lowdown on Longhand: How Writing by Hand Benefits the Brain.” Anissa Ramirez. Edutopia. August 6, 2014.
- “Why I’m Asking You Not to Use Laptops.” Anne Curzan. The Chronicle of Higher Education. August 25, 2014.
- “Today’s Lesson: Life in the Classroom before Cellphones.” Louise Katz. The Chronicle of Higher Education. August 25, 2014.