Winter and Spring 2018
Yoga Classes for Faculty and Staff
with Joanna Colwell of Otter Creek Yoga
- Mixed-Level Iyengar Yoga, 11:00-12 noon
- Very Basic Iyengar Yoga, 12:15-1:15 pm
Wednesdays, 3rd floor gym, Athletics Complex
- J-Term: January 3-31. $40
- Spring session one: February 7-March 28. $64
- Spring session two: April 4-May 16. $64
What to bring: Wear clothes you can move comfortably in; yoga is done in bare feet. We’ll supply the mats and other equipment.
Space is limited; register by contacting Ellen McKay (firstname.lastname@example.org). Bring your check made out to Otter Creek Yoga to the first class. A limited amount of scholarship money is available for those in financial need; please talk to Joanna for more information.
Please join us for popular Iyengar Yoga classes Joanna has been offering on campus this year and year-round at Otter Creek Yoga in the Marbleworks. The focus is on classical yoga postures with attention to alignment, which helps students gain strength and flexibility safely. By learning correct action in the yoga postures, students receive the fullest possible benefit of the practice on every level—physical, mental, and spiritual. People with at least 6 months of experience in Iyengar classes should register for Mixed-Level.
• If you are looking to improve your physical and mental health, try yoga!
• If you want to heal from an unhealthy relationship with food or other substances, try yoga!
• If you are very out of shape, and fear that it will be too strenuous, don’t worry — you can work at your own pace.
• If you are very athletic, and fear that it won’t be challenging enough, don’t worry — most athletes find they benefit tremendously from yoga.
Tuition is underwritten by the Middlebury College Wellness Committee.
To be truly healthy, we must take care of our body, mind, and heart. A great yoga class should leave you feeling cleansed and energized, clear-headed, warm-hearted, and very relaxed. Joanna Colwell has a gift for helping students of every age and ability to grow stronger and calmer, relax the body and mind, and have fun. With warmth, humor, and compassion, Joanna shares the treasures she has received from her yoga practice. Joanna Colwell is the director of Otter Creek Yoga, Middlebury’s only yoga studio. She began practicing yoga in 1988, and has 15 years experience working with hundreds of students of all shapes, sizes, and fitness levels.
Yoga Club Offerings — open to faculty, staff and students at no charge
(during the academic year)
Mondays: Vinyasa Flow Yoga with Russell Comstock. 75-minute vinyasa flow yoga class. Bring mat and water, as yoga club as limited mat supplies to share.
- 5:00pm-6:15pm at Mahaney Center for the Arts Dance Studio