Guided Meditation for Faculty and Staff
Thursdays, 12:30-1:00 p.m.
115 Franklin Street, Wonnacott Commons House (between the Hebrew and Arabic Houses)
- Thursday April 4: Focusing on the Breath
- Thursday April 11: Body Scan
- Thursday April 18: White Light
- Thursday April 25: In Search of kindness
- Thursday May 2: Search for the Self
- Thursday May 9: Final session — Back to the Breath
Led by local meditation instructor Chessy Kelley, the classes will offer an introduction to the basic practices of mindfulness meditation, which has been shown by numerous studies to be beneficial for reducing stress, promoting emotional balance, and improving concentration. No previous experience with meditation is necessary. Funded by the College’s Wellness Committee and Wonnacott Commons.
No registration for the classes is necessary; just come on the day. Cushions are provided.
For more information, contact Jonathan Miller-Lane, firstname.lastname@example.org.