July 16, 2008 | Leave a Comment
We’re pleased to announce that the library has a new subscription to Global Market Information Database (GMID) from Euromonitor International. You’ll find a link to this database on our Research Databases page.
GMID is a vast resource of business intelligence on industries, countries and consumers. It supports a wide range of research, including international business and marketing, economics, social sciences, humanities, international relations, travel and tourism, hospitality management and food marketing.
Intelligence on Countries
- Internationally comparable demographic, economic and “other” country statistics
- Analysis of business environment and economic outlook
- Country and regional profiles
Intelligence on Industries
- Market size data for hundreds of consumer products
- Forward-looking industry analysis and sector reports
- Company profiles, market shares and brand shares
Intelligence on Consumers
- Detailed income, expenditure and lifestyle statistics
- Analysis of lifestyles and changing demographics
- Emerging consumer trends and attitudes
205 countries are researched, both developed and emerging markets. All data is comparable across countries.
Interested in learning more? Try this online tutorial or stop by the Reference Desk.