Take a mini-vacation to visit Vermont historic sites that stretch the length of the state. Ranging from prehistoric encampments, to pivotal Revolutionary War sites, to the homes of U.S. presidents, Vermont’s historic sites chronicle the development of a state, its people, and the nation around it. Explore backroads and byways to discover Vermont’s history.
The Circulation Desk at Davis Family Library offers a three-day pass to college staff, faculty and students.
Additionally, we have a three-day ECHO Pass on the waterfront in Burlington. $7 dollar admission per person valid up to 4 guests.
1. Patrons asking to take our reserve DVDs for Mittel and Keathley’s summer course can do so for however long they want, apparently. It is fine for these to leave the building. A supervisor may need to override.
2. There may be patrons coming to the desk who have temp ID cards and who are not in the system. Supervisors, please go ahead and enter them, making sure to ask for both a date when they will no longer be on campus and a valid email address. Please enter these as ptype 121, Summer student.
We already have summer faculty asking to take laptops out for the entire summer. The answer is no. We can provide them for two weeks. When we run out, there is a small reserve of laptops we can dip into, but at that point we should encourage patrons to book (or offer to book for them) laptops when they are returned. The Helpdesk also does not have any available to lend out, so we have been asked not to send patrons to them. Please direct all resistant patrons to Dan.
1. Go to go/subsplus
2. Select the appropriate language from the pulldown subject menu
3. On the right-hand side of the page, under “Tips”, there will be a link to “List of ______ CDs” which will take you to a list in MIDCAT.
Reminders for the summer:
• All Summer students, faculty, and staff, have printing privileges just like the AY – login and release. Quotas are in effect.
o Breadloaf INLCUDED
o LS families are NOT included
• Patrons will need to activate their MIDD username and password. Please direct them to the Helpdesk or go/activate.
• IDs are required, just like during the AY. Breadloaf patrons have IDs with their name and ID # on them, but they may not swipe. If that is the case, just type in the ID #.
• Davison (Breadloaf) books brought into the Davis Family Library will probably set off the alarm as there is no desensitizer at Breadloaf. If this happens, just desensitize them.
• Licensed software is not available to Summer patrons (i.e. Microsoft Office)
• Items listed as “Available” in the catalog are requestable during the summer. We should be running paging slips every morning and placing these items on the hold shelf.
• Carrels and lockers are available and have a fixed due date of 8/12. This date should not be altered. There is no carrel agreement to sign during the summer.
• The Breadloaf courier will come to get the bin (which will live on the desk between Kim and Janine) mornings and afternoons M-F and mornings on Sat and Sun. They will call from the loading dock.
For anyone interested:
Hours: 9-5 (branches 1-5)
Davis Family Gate Count: 2091 (comings and goings)
Davis Family circs: 263
Music circs: 29
Armstrong circs: 2
Davison circs: 5
*Study Carrels may be reserved during the Summer semester by currently enrolled Language School, Bread Loaf School of English and academic year students, faculty and staff on a first-come, first-served basis starting the first day of the summer session [https://mediawiki.middlebury.edu/wikis/LIS/images/d/d4/Language_carrels.pdf MAP]
*Study Carrel Suites have been set aside for use by specific Language Schools; individual carrels within the Language Suites are available on a first come, first served basis and may not be reserved; the Language Suites are intended for the exclusive use of the language specified.
Loan periods during the summer match the loan periods of the academic year. For a detailed listing, please check here.
The yellow cables are back at the circulation desk of the Davis Family Library. The process is very simple: ID’s in exchange for a cable. No ID = no cable. No exceptions. And vice versa. No cable = no ID upon return. This is only at Davis – the branches are not providing cables.