STUDENT STAFF SUBSTITUTION PROCEDURE – listed below and also on the Circ Departmental wiki here.
Thanks to you all for the good work you do, and for your attention to finding a sub when you are unable to be here as scheduled, and for jumping in to help others when needed. I have been especially impressed with the creativity of some of the offers and bribes – way to go team! 🙂
A reminder to provide shift details in the email subject field when requesting a sub. Since some of you are scheduled at more than one branch, and have also subbed for each other at the other branches, please include the location of the shift (Main, Music or Armstrong) along with your name, and the specific date and time.
Need a sub? Communication is the key!
* Send an original email to the appropriate student assistant distribution list – do not tack your request on to an existing request
* Main Library: LIS – Main Lib Circ Student Assistants distribution list
* Music Library: LIS – Music Library Student Assistants distribution list
* Armstrong Library: LIS – Armstrong Library Student Assistants distribution list
* Music and Armstrong – copy regular branch staff
* Main – the Library Circulation mailbox gets copied automatically
* Type your name, the day, date & time and location (which branch library – Main, Music or Armstrong) of the sub shift in the subject field of the message
* “Reply all” when signing up for a shift – you are now responsible for the shift- and others are alerted that the shift is covered
* Confirm with a supervisor that the shift change has been recorded on the master Outlook calendar
Important! If all efforts to find a sub fail, you must speak directly with a supervisor to alert them to the problem and to work out a solution.