In an effort to cut down on the loss of projectionist keys, please check out the master projectionist key on personal accounts, NOT on the generic Media Screener card. Messages will pop up all over in Millennium, so hopefully we will remember.
Please take eight minutes and twenty five seconds of your time to watch this video about book preservation. If you don’t chuckle at least once, you may be some kind of soulless zombie mummy. (Which may be triply redundant.)
This is a reminder to our veteran circ student employee staff members, and it will be news to our incoming circ desk students.
We need to wrap all of the Mac chargers with a loop at the top so there is no tension on the smaller cord. They are expensive to replace, and wrapping them without the loop will wear them down quickly, and then they are off to the electronic recycle bin. There is a poster on top of the Mac computer case which shows the way it is done.
If you have down time during your shifts, you can check the charger bins to ensure they are wrapped correctly.
Thank you, and welcome back to the circ desk! We hope your summers were full of adventure!
Present: Nancy, Rachel, Todd, Kim, Janine, Kellam, Dan
Dan gave a list of updates that people should know before Fall:
* update on the circ sub pool and possibilities moving forward
* Print cash cards are coming back
* Carrels are ready to go the second Tuesday of the semester – signs will be posted. No changes to the procedure from last Fall
* Student schedule is largely set, will need to hire a couple
* Microsoft office is no longer available on disc to install. Send people to the Helpdesk or go/getoffice
* 105 is being renovated as the new video conferencing room. Most work will be done during J-term (tentative)
* Lights are still broken. Hopefully fixed before Fall.
* Kim and Janine will work Labor Day. That’s about it.
* Dan thinks he may have figured out a “due at closing” loan rule.” Will test once we are open till 1.
* That’s all. Picnic time.