- All agree that the LS dictionary display from last summer should be repeated. Dan will let Carrie know.
– Dan gave an update on the bikes. An email will come out next week to all campus. At that point, we can start giving them out (if patrons have a bike sticker on their ID, for liability purposes). We only check the keys in and out – all inquiries to the bike shop.
– Dan asked if anyone wanted to work at BL. Let Dan know. Dan will inquire about a BL student who will work in the library.
– Kellam comes back May 1st.
– Dan will provide a link to PCI info. A PCI audit will be happening some time in the future, so all staff should be prepared to answer questions about this, if asked.
– A discussion about equipment and patrons claiming all the parts were not included at check out. A suggestion was made to have a form that patrons sign agreeing that they have everything. Dan will think about this. For now, staff will be more diligent at check-in to make sure everything is there and we will be more adamant with patrons that everything was there at check out, based on the fact that it was there at check in. Janine will also check booked items to make sure everything is there beforehand.
– Discussion about laptops. DECISION MADE: STUDENT LAPTOPS WILL STAY IN THE BUILDING. We will security strip them. A message will pop-up at checkout. Students will be notified. We will change the actual loan rule in the summer (so they will still be due back tomorrow) but they will need to stay in the library.
– Todd reports that the PQ’s have been shifted so that all the French literature is now in the right hand row (looking at the back).
– Armstrong update. We don’t know anything other than they are thinking about that space.
– The cafe will be open 24/7 during 24/7, for at least part of it.
– Dan has arranged for a security guard during 24/7.
– Dan met with Public Safety to discuss options for getting people out of the building at closing. May start imposing fines, may install cameras. Public safety will get back to us. For now, we will not do anything different in our procedure.