It’s that time of year again — when thousands upon thousands of library materials are returned to us. Here are a few tips to keep in mind during your final shifts of the term:
- Keep up with returns — don’t let things pile up!
- Scan books for damage and pull any that are in serious need of repair
- Scan book carts and make sure that errant items (ie. NExpress, VT Coll, Armstrong, etc.) aren’t being sent to the wrong places
- Be pro-active and take full carts to the reshelving areas during your shift
- If you receive an “on the fly” message during check-in, give the item to a supervisor
- You may field questions about borrowing books over the summer — our borrowing policies apply year-round. Students can borrow a book for the usual four-week loan period and renew via MyMIDCAT. They are also responsible for mailing the item back to us if it’s recalled.
Please let a supervisor know if you have any questions. We’re here to help you during this busy time!