Check out this Funded Internship – deadline extended to 5/15!
Develop “Rise and Walk” walking groups throughout Addison County.
The local Addison County RiseVT Program has 3 broad goals:
- To increase physical activity, especially walking
- Increase access and education around nutritious foods
- Foster a sense of neighborliness among residents, decreasing isolation
As part of their quest to increase physical activity, especially, walking, among residents, RiseVT is introducing “Rise and Walk”.
Research and develop .5 and 1.0 mile and 2.0 mile walking routes and produce Rise and Walk Map for each community by considering:
- Safety of walking routes
- Feasibility of walking within the community, with or without added safety measures
- Difficulty of route
- Readiness of communities to host walking initiatives
Student may work in conjunction with the Addison County Regional Planning Commission to research individual Town Plans, and with the Middlebury Recreation Department.
Intern must have access to reliable transportation. Hours are 30 per week. Start/end dates of internship are flexible.
Learn more about the position in Handshake. Deadline extended to 5/15!