Research Technician Opportunity
We at the Faustman Lab are running an innovative Phase II clinical trial focused on the treatment of type 1 diabetes. Located at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, we are testing the potential of BCG, our study drug, to potentially reverse type 1 diabetes in adults and children. Please visit www.faustmanlab.org to familiarize yourself with our work.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with an interest in basic and clinical research. Through this position, you will have first-hand experience working with real human samples, not just mouse experiments or tissue culture experiments. This position will provide first-hand exposure to research related to human disease and will provide an understanding of the importance and challenges of translational research.
Successful applicants will have a strong bench science background and a willingness to learn. Previous experience with western blotting, Elisa, flow cytometry or molecular biology is preferred. All applicants must be able to commit to 2 years of work (or more if desired). Exceptional hires in the past have had publications in scientific journals. This is an ideal position for candidates wishing to pursue a career in medicine or research.
- Additional desired attributes:
- Ability to learn quickly and problem solve
- Advanced quantitative reasoning and data analysis skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, self-directed and responsible
- Must be able to spearhead multiple projects while working in a fast-paced environment with a multidisciplinary team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- High competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Should be able to demonstrate a distinct interest in our research and in type 1 diabetes.
Please visit www.faustmanlab.org for details.
To apply for this position, please submit your information through Handshake or email a resume, cover letter, and transcript to Nathan Ng (firstname.lastname@example.org). Hired applicant will start work in June 2020.