Consider this: Before any digital marketing content is consumed, a reader must first emerge on the other end of a complex passage of decision-making moments characterized by keystrokes and clicks. It’s no simple process amid an ocean of options and limited time. Click here to read the complete article.
Articles tagged: Communications
Greg Revelle is CMO at Kohl’s, a major U.S. retailer with 1,100 stores in 49 states. He is a member of the ANA’s Global Leadership Coalition, in partnership with WARC and Cannes Lions. He spoke to the ANA and WARC about the company’s COVID-19 media mix, adapting creative production to map to quickening changes in consumer trends, and other issues during this unusual time. Click here to download the report.
In addition to signing up for 1:1 advising appointments, I’m offering group advising appointments this semester focused on a specific career path. Please continue to check back since we will discuss a different industry during each meeting.
This week I will be hosting and facilitating two group advising appointments. Please let me know if you would like to attend one or both. I will add your appointment in handshake.
Wednesday, April 15 from 3pm – 4pm EST –Career Path: Advertising, Marketing and PR
Friday, April 17 from 3pm – 4pm EST — Career Path: Journalism and Publishing
These group advising appointments will be a great opportunity for students to learn more about a specific industry, build a career community, and practice peer to peer learning.
I am limiting the number of participants. Therefore, YOU MUST REGISTER WITH ME. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know you will attend, and I will add your advising appointment to handshake.
TransPerfect, world’s leading enabler of global communications, will discuss various job roles in the company and tips on dissecting job descriptions – including their own job and internship opportunities currently available in handshake!
TransPerfect was founded with a mission to help the world’s businesses navigate the global marketplace by providing a full array of language and business support services, including translation, interpretation, multicultural marketing, website globalization, subtitling, voiceovers, staffing services, e-learning and training, and legal support services. TransPerfect is more than a translation company. It’s a family of committed individuals dedicated to being the world’s leading enabler of global communications. From offices in more than 90 cities on six continents, TransPerfect offers a full range of services in 170+ languages to clients worldwide.
At TransPerfect, we are looking for people who would like to make the world a more globalized place by solving complex problems and helping other businesses grow.
Date: Thursday, February 20
Time: 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Location: Davis Library 201
Please click here to RSVP in handshake!
The world’s best businesses know that potential customers can be anywhere. TransPerfect helps our clients to BE EVERYWHERE. With global headquarters in New York and offices in 90 cities across 6 continents, TransPerfect is the world’s largest privately held provider of language services and related technologies.
The TransPerfect family of companies offers a full range of language and business solutions, including:
- Translation and Language Services
- Website and Software Localization
- Globalization Management Technology
- Multicultural Marketing
- Legal Support and E-Discovery
- E-Learning Platform Internationalization
- Multimedia and Studio Solutions
- Interpretation and Call Center Support
Click here to schedule your 1:1 chat on Friday, February 21!
Find out more about the opportunities for careers in language and intercultural competence, and the possibilities for gaining marketable skills in these fields at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies. Dr. Thor Sawin, who teaches linguistics, language education, and intercultural competence courses, will share and answer any questions about gaining skills either in a Masters program or a study away semester as language teachers, curriculum designers, localizers, translators and interpreters, language product and assessment designers, or intercultural competence consultants.
Click here to schedule your 1:1 chat on Thursday, February 27!
The Communications and Marketing Fellowship Program is for students interested in media production and journalism that want to get hands-on experience creating content in a professional work environment. Fellows are assigned to teams and become experts in digital storytelling. They produce real work that is distributed to our large audience and leave with a strong portfolio.
Digital Media Production Fellows spend their time creating videos and other forms of digital content including podcasting and VR for entities across the institution. This content can vary from short for social media segments for Instagram to long-form in-depth storytelling on a specific class or research project being promoted in the Middlebury Newsroom or MiddleburyMagazine.com.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● A passion for storytelling through digital media
● Eager to contribute story ideas and new ways of thinking
● A strong understanding and active engagement on social media platforms
● Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
● Experience with video editing software — preferably Adobe Premiere Pro
● Experience shooting video on smartphones, DSLR or Mirrorless cameras
Click here to learn more about this opportunity and to apply through the Student Employment Office!
FF New York is looking for a New Business Intern to help assist our Business Development team in developing new client opportunities and supporting day-to-day operations in the New York office. Full and part time positions available.
The New Business Intern Will Be Expected To:
- Be a key part of the team.
- Support the Business Development team throughout the assessment of initial leads and prospect exploration, working closely with internal stakeholders on various deliverables, conducting research on prospective clients and developing business angles.
- Be comfortable with research and business analysis.
- Gain a holistic understanding of the clients’ business strategy, competitive advantage, product/service offerings, and points of friction.
- Spot opportunities.
- Analyze a client’s business objectives and strategize how the agency can provide creative effective solutions.
- Create and sharpen presentations.
- Assist in the development of proposal and pitch materials and make our thinking shine.
- Contribute to our culture.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the Agency’s values, mission, and strategy across all industries and verticals.
- Be on time and on target.
- Be comfortable working within tight timelines and have the flexibility to adapt on the fly to unexpected opportunities and challenges.
- Think like an entrepreneur
- Devise strategies for business growth to be discussed with the team.
Education and Experience:
- Earning a Bachelor’s Degree at a 4-year university
- Prior Agency or internship experience
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and self-starting mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Deadline date: Wednesday, May 8 at 5pm.
Click here to apply in Handshake!
Ron Cappello P’21 of Infinia Group will focus on an example case study to give you a better understanding of the nature of brand consulting, types of clients, their service needs, and whether it may be appropriate for you. Bring your questions!
Date: Friday, March 1
Time: 3:45pm – 4:30pm
Location: Axinn 229
Click here to RSVP!
You could also schedule a 1:1 chat with Ron Cappello P’21 for Friday morning. Sign up here!
Just posted a new Top Resource on the Social Impact site which features LOTS of job opportunities and is regularly updated called:
WASHINGTON DC AREA JOBS AND INTERNSHIPS IN PUBLIC AFFAIRS, COMMUNICATIONS, PUBLIC RELATIONS, MEDIA, WEB DEVELOPMENT, LOBBYING AND RELATED FIELDS.
Here are a few featured that I cherry-picked from the last few days related to social impact opportunities:
- Project Coordinator, Communications
- Research Analyst, Justice Policy Center
- Research Assistant, Justice Policy Center
- Policy Assistant, Justice Policy Center
- Senior Research Associate, Housing Finance Policy Center
- Policy Assistant supporting the Research to Action Lab
The International Council for Clean Transportation has just shared these with us:
Rescue – The Behavior Change Agency
Behavior/social marketing agency Rescue seeks Field Organizing Fellow to drive implementation of youth-targeted tobacco control and nutrition/obesity prevention policy campaigns across Virginia – significant travel required.
- Communications & Media Relations Associate
- Regional Development Analyst – DC, Chicago, IL or San Francisco, CA
- Development Communications Associate – Chicago, IL
American Institutes for Research – Communications Assistant/Intern – Summer 2019 – suited for candidates currently seeking a degree in such fields as communications, graphic design, technical communication & marketing.
The Arc is the largest national community-based organization advocating for & serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities – and your place in this worthy enterprise could be Communications Associate, Media & Public Relations .
E-bike & -scooter sharing outfit Lime is seeking a Community Affairs Manager with 3+ years community organizing, political campaign field org.
Fresh opportunities with the Human Rights Campaign:
Food & Water Watch – Communications Coordinator – $40k-$45k – experience in communications or politics, preferably linked to issue campaigns, and proven ability to place stories in traditional media outlets sought.
The Marshall Legacy Institute, a group helping remove landmines & returning war-scarred territories to a measure of stability, seeks part-time Marketing & Development Intern (pdf) for a Feb.-Aug. 2019 term of duty – $12-$15/hr – more info here
Pew Research Center – Intern, Global Migration & Demography – Summer 2019 – paid position – strong quantitative skills with proficiency in STATA, SPSS, or R required