Staple Health is a platform that care teams use to identify and predict patient outcomes and risk. The software combines clinical data with a proprietary dataset on social and commercial behaviors of individuals to provide insight into which patients may benefit from additional support, what specifically is driving their risk, and how best to engage them.
They are currently hiring a Software Engineering Intern – check out their post in Handshake:
Staple Health is seeking Computer Science students with a passion for simplifying healthcare data. At Staple Health, you will be given the opportunity to pursue a project improving one of three main areas of our production software stack, all critical to our future business:
- Data Processing and Storage – Refine a data processing pipeline to accurately and efficiently calculate complex patient outcome data received directly from a provider’s electronic medical records.
- Frontend Data Visualization – Improve clarity of data presentation and add functionality to a web application utilized by physicians and hospital staff to understand the results of Staple Health’s prediction algorithms and take meaningful action to help patients.
- RESTful Patient Data API – Allow Staple Health’s partners to access and integrate with our data sources via a modern RESTful HTTP API.
Staple Health is a fast growing startup. As an intern, you will experience all parts of our quickly growing codebase while being exposed to the immediate business need that your work serves. Ideal candidates will be fast learners, effective communicators, and experienced in multiple programming languages.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related fields.
- Clear understanding of how modern web applications are built, tested, and deployed.
- You have worked on personal projects and demonstrate an ability to write clear, readable software, and to quickly comprehend a new codebase.
- Bonus points for:
- Experience with statistical computing tools such as Pandas, Numpy, Tensorflow, Spark, etc.
- Knowledge of at least one cloud computing provider such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.