Cornell AgriTech offers a Summer Research Scholars Program for undergraduate students to carry-out their own independent research projects in Entomology, Horticulture/Plant Breeding, and Plant Pathology.
Student interns will work with faculty, their graduate students and postdocs on research projects focused on specialty crops that can be laboratory and/or field-based.
Applications are due February 3, 2019.
Specifics for 2019 program
- Nine week internships to conduct research in a faculty program at Cornell AgriTech
- Gain research experience and learn about the diverse agriculture and food systems in New York
- Additional professional enrichment programming and field trips will be offered
- Benefits include housing and a $4,825 stipend
- Starts on May 29, 2019 (May 28 for travel) and runs through July 26, 2019 (July 27 for travel)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for USDA NIFA funding.
- Must be 18 years of age by May 28, 2019
- Must have completed two, and preferably three, years of college level study in one of the life sciences by June 2019
Partially funded by a grant from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture.