Google is hiring a Technical Solutions Engineer, University Graduate 2020
You can read the full description below and apply on Handshake. Application Deadline is March 31, 2020.
- Associate’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience, with the ability to start by September 2020.
- Experience advocating for customer challenges or needs as demonstrated through customer service experience, internships, project work, extra-curricular activities.
- Experience with troubleshooting web technologies (e.g. HTTP, HTML, DNS, TCP, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical degree.
- Ability to obtain work authorization in Canada.
- Basic knowledge or experience with one of the following: networking fundamentals, Database design and SQL query construction, Linux/Unix.
- Knowledge of cloud computing (i.e. certifications, internships, coursework, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience and comfort presenting technical materials to groups of any size and background.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills, ability to quickly prioritize multiple tasks, attention to detail and resourcefulness, and communication skills.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.When things go wrong, the buck stops with you: even with the most well-engineered products, customers need help. Our Technical Solutions Engineers step in and own our largest and most important customer issues to solve production issues on customer’s business critical applications. You will be a part of a global team that provides 24×7 support to help customers seamlessly make the switch to Google Cloud. When customers cannot resolve issues themselves, your job is to ensure that we have the necessary tools and processes to swiftly resolve the issue with as little customer effort as possible. Due to the nature of this role and 24/7/365 support coverage for Google Cloud Customers, we anticipate that Technical Solutions Engineers will work weekends and/or holidays; either as an on-call function or staffed weekends or both.As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you’ll troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding/scripting. You use your first hand experience to identify the root problem and improve supportability by working with a team of engineers and product managers. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation. Our Google Cloud Support Engineers are driven by customer obsession: you will help drive the success of Google Cloud by understanding and advocating for our customers’ issues.Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Manage the customer’s problem through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools to increase productivity for customer issues on Google Cloud Platform products.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Google’s product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis, to identify and resolve future issues quickly.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve Google Cloud.
- Work closely with multiple product and engineering teams to find ways to improve the Supportability, products, and interact with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to drive high-quality production.
- Proactively understand customer issues and advocate for their needs with cross functional teams like Product Management or Software Engineering.