Machine Learning is critical part of Adobe’s Cloud offering. Adobe Clouds enable customers to create & manage digital content, such as assets, composites, 3D, documents etc., and digital experience and transformations. In Creative Cloud, Creative professionals and novice users alike need to manage lifecycle of their digital assets, libraries, the variety of creative content, and documents they work with every day, from brushes to colors, images, photos, videos, 3D and beyond. We are building new machine learning platform, called Adobe Sensei, that powers machine learning and AI across Adobe Cloud product lines by enabling the world’s best creative tools, leading cloud services for managing digital assets and digital experiences and the leading marketplace such as Adobe Stock and Adobe Behance. This platform will cater to thousands of applied researchers, millions of users, and billions of content pieces.
Become part of this growing team at Adobe and a phenomenal impact in the area of computer vision, user understanding, language understanding, and digital experience optimization. The objective is to make machine learning offerings a world class, leading edge, differentiating product in Adobe Cloud ecosystem. We match the pace, innovation and excitement of a startup, backed by the resources and infrastructure of Adobe!
- Explore and research new and emerging ML technologies and bring them to Sensei platform.
- Work closely with data scientists and ML engineers to develop general purpose ML engines.
- Design and develop Runtimes and SDK for emerging ML technologies.
- Build and develop performant, maintainable, and scalable features across complete ML pipeline
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Math or related field
- Understanding of state-of-the-art Machine Learning techniques, Deep Learning, Recommendations and Computer Vision
- Experience in some machine learning frameworks – Scikit, MLPack, TF, SparkMLib, Caffe, …
- Fluent in Python, Java and/or C++
- Proficient at interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in scaling machine learning algorithms, and hyper-parameter optimization strategies
- Have shipped production quality code
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally to deliver results
- Exhibits excellent team work
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation
Adobe’s EP (Emerging Product Group) team is seeking a Research Intern to join our product team here at HQ in San Jose, California.
This is a team that explores next-generation product opportunities empowered by artificial intelligence (AI), computer vision, computational photography, and augment reality (AR). This is the team that has produced mobile products like Adobe Photoshop Camera, and Adobe Photoshop Fix & Mix.
If you are passionate about mobile photography, AI, and AR, this is your opportunity to work with a truly great team on some really exciting projects.
What you’ll do
- Our team works like a startup inside Adobe, making this is a unique “best of both worlds” opportunity. If you’d love the flexibility and personal impact of joining an exciting startup but also dream of having the deep resources, cool perks and global launch stage that only an industry leader like Adobe can offer, this is where you belong.
- You’ll have strong input on the direction of this new product category while working directly with the experienced startup entrepreneurs leading this project.
- Research and Develop AI/AR capabilities.
- Develop, implement, test, deploy, and support our mobile app on Android and/or iOS.
- Collaborate with our designers, product managers, researchers and visual effects engineers.
- Make an impact while building a rewarding career at a new growing division within Adobe
What you need to succeed
- Graduate student (either M.S. or Ph.D.)
- Strong programming skills (such as C/C++ and Python)
- Strong prototyping skills and interests to explore new technical ideas
- Experience with deep learning tools (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow, Caffe, and etc.)
- Experience with deep learning applications
The Cloud Technology organization builds platform and client services that are foundational building blocks for many other Adobe products and services. Areas of focus include: identity, security, cloud storage, e-commerce, workflow management synchronization, customer facing web apps, scalability, infrastructure management and search, just to name a few. Our mission is to build highly scalable, highly available and highly resilient services that fulfill the business objectives of Adobe.
The Reliability Engineering team within Cloud Technology Organization has an exciting and challenging mission: Build, deploy, operate, scale and maintain cloud platforms for customer facing Adobe SaaS solutions used by billions of users worldwide. Adobe needs a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) who knows how to balance going fast and going big with operating safely. Our mission is to progress, protect, and provide for the software and systems behind all Adobe’s cloud services with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity. SRE is a mindset of engineering approaches which focuses on building the highly reliable systems and eliminate work through automation.
Areas of Responsibility
- Define service level objectives (SLOs) and service level indicators (SLIs) to represent and measure service quality
- Improve service resiliency through techniques such as chaos engineering, performance/load testing, EDA (Event Driven Automation), RPA (Robotic Process Automation), AI/ML techniques etc.
- Automate common, repeatable tasks at large scale to streamline operational procedures
- Troubleshoot performance and stability issues using a wide variety of tools
- Cross-train with other global team members
- Embrace the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) mindset
What you will bring
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, algorithms and software engineering (SDLC) practices
- Good knowledge of Cloud Computing Concepts and experience working on some projects on AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience in one (and preferably more) of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- Knowledge of AI/ML would be a plus
- Pursuing B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field