Thanks to Andrew Grant ’17 for sharing this opportunity with us!
The Clinical Genome Resource at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard is seeking a motivated individual to work in a cutting-edge environment to serve as a research associate for the Clinical Genome Resource (ClinGen). ClinGen is an NIH-funded program that is building authoritative resources to define the clinical relevance of genes and variants for use in precision medicine and research (www.clinicalgenome.org). This position would begin with training within our variant and gene-curation team which supports variant classification and gene-disease validity assessment followed by supporting an array of ClinGen disease-specific Expert Panel activities and affiliated projects within ClinGen and at the Broad Institute.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support ClinGen curation activities
- Research the significance of variants and genes through literature and data review
- Classify variant- and gene-disease associations
- Support research projects that require curation of genomic knowledge
- Support the ClinGen’s mission to provide better access to genomic data
- Support the sharing of curated knowledge with the community
- Assist laboratories with data submission to ClinVar (www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/clinvar)
- Collect data from locus-specific databases to deposit into ClinVar
- Assist in the development of software tools for supporting variant and gene curation
- Assist in resolving variant interpretation differences between ClinVar submitters
- Assist Clinical Domain WGs in supporting gene and variant curation programs
- Support the writing of ClinGen research publications
- Support other projects related to genetic and genomic testing and research at the Broad
In addition, the Research Associate should possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to interact effectively with a local team at the Broad Institute and an international network of laboratories and data sources and balance and manage multiple tasks and projects independently. We request a minimum of a two-year commitment.
Start date: May or June 2019
Qualifications: BA or BS degree in the sciences
Job location: The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, 105 Broadway, Cambridge, MA
Reports to: Heidi Rehm, PhD, Principal Investigator, Clinical Genome Resource
For more information, please contact Heidi Rehm, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)