Seniors with research experience under their belt – check out this great research opportunity! Application deadline 2/28.
Mount Sinai is among New York City’s largest employers, with 38,000+ team members in both clinical and non-clinical roles throughout their seven hospital campuses and world-renowned medical school. They are one of the metro area’s largest health care providers, with hundreds of ambulatory, primary, and specialty care facilities across the five boroughs, northeastern region and beyond.
About the position:
Under direct supervision, the laboratory research assistant performs experiments and procedures as assigned; provides support services for research projects.
- Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI), who is a vascular surgeon at the Mount Sinai Hospital, assists with simple to moderately complex experiments using standard techniques in area of specialty assigned; maintains data/results of all experiments.
- May prepare specimens and/or mix chemicals and other solutions and set up lab experiments.
- May mentor and/or train less experienced staff. May assign work to less experienced staff as required.
- Maintains inventory of all research supplies; prepares purchase orders for reagents and supplies.
- Performs routine maintenance of equipment.
- Washes and sterilizes glassware.
- Performs other related duties.