Congratulations on nearing the AMCAS/AADSAS primary application submission date! It has been such a pleasure working with you all this past year and we look forward to supporting you through the application year as well. Please continue to ask questions as they come up – we are here to help!
- The 2019 AMCAS Application is open for submission on Thursday, May 31st
- The 2019 AADSAS Application is open for submission on Tuesday, June 5th
What are the next steps after submitting your primary app?
- TRANSCRIPTS: All applicants need to request official transcripts through AMCAS. Learn more here. 2018 graduates – the registrar’s office will be getting us your final transcripts within the next few weeks. Unofficial transcripts will be uploaded to your Interfolio account for our INTERNAL process. You will still need to request official transcripts through AMCAS.
- Make sure to CLEAN OUT YOUR INTERFOLIO ACCOUNT. Delete duplicate letters, archive any letters you no longer wish to use, etc. But please keep any documents you used to go through the HPC process. We still need access to your bio report, transcripts, etc. You do not need to update your bio report.
- Follow the APPLICATION TIMELINE to make sure you have everything in for the June 1st deadline.
- Use the GOOGLE TRACKER to see where you are in the process. Remember that we don’t start your committee letter until your file is complete. Use the Google tracker to see what you are missing and why your file is not yet complete.
- You will want to begin pre-writing your SECONDARY ESSAYS. Check out our Medical School Secondary Essays webpage for more info and a link to the Medical School Secondary Essay Prompts Database.
- Remember to email us when:
- You submit your primary – in that email include a PDF copy of your AMCAS/AADSAS application.
- When you send in your first secondary application – this triggers us to start your committee letter (as long as your file is complete.)
- Med School applicants, SCHEDULE YOUR CASPer! – More and more schools are using CASPer, and anyone applying to UVM needs to take it. Learn more here. CASPer has specific dates and times and it can be helpful to check this off the to-do list when you are finished with their primary application and waiting for the secondary applications to come through.
Timeline for the Committee Letter:
- We start a first draft of your letter after your file is complete (see the June 1st deadlines in the Application Timeline) and you submit your primary application. Email our office once your application has been submitted.
- Once you have submitted your first secondary application (and your file is complete), email our office and we will place your file in the Letter Writing Queue. It is at that point that we finalize your letter. The Queue is a first come, first served system. Letters are typically completed within 2 weeks.
- When your committee letter is complete, we will contact you to let you know.
You are almost done with the first stage of this external process – you are doing great!