The Cato Institute is a public policy research organization — a think tank — dedicated to the principles of individual liberty, limited government, free markets and peace. Its scholars and analysts conduct independent, nonpartisan research on a wide range of policy issues.
- Literature gathering and review on topics such as licensing, Medicare, Medicaid, the VA, employer sponsored insurance, Obamacare, short term plans, the FDA, medical malpractice, telemedicine, and interstate licensure
- Tracking pending state and federal legislation
- Collecting data for comparative studies of policies across states and countries
- Assisting with the creation and implementation of Cato policy forums, hill briefings, and book events
- Drafting, sending, and managing recipient list for the Healthy Competition newsletter
- Mailings and administrative tasks
- Attending and summarizing outside policy events
- Formatting, editing, and revising various publications
- Assisting with other assorted tasks
- Gathering information on Cato health policy output, quotes, events, etc. for the @CatoHealth Twitter account
Learn more in Handshake. Deadline 6/27.