Dear Matric 2020 Cohort,
The Health Professions Advisors stand ready to assist you through the critical next steps in completing your application(s). Some of you went through the committee review process previously, and it is our understanding that you plan to apply this summer for matriculation in the Fall of 2020. In May you will all receive an invitation to join a Google doc that will allow you to track what (if anything) we are missing in your file.
BELOW ARE THE FINAL STEPS FOR YOU TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
First and foremost – thoroughly review the online Application Timeline.
First Week of May: Online Applications Open!
- MEDICAL SCHOOL
- AMCAS application opens May 1, 2019 – For application help, check out the AMCAS tutorials listed in the application timeline under the June-August :: Application Period toggle.
- AACOMAS application opens the first week of May
- TMDSAS (Texas Medical & Dental Schools Application Service) application opens May 1, 2019
- DENTAL SCHOOL – AADSAS application opens May 14, 2019
Make sure to clean out your Interfolio account. Delete duplicate letters, archive any letters you no longer wish to use, etc.
Med School applicants, SCHEDULE YOUR CASPer!
More and more schools are using CASPer, and anyone applying to UVM needs to take it. Learn more here.
CASPer has specific dates and times and it can be helpful to check this off the to-do list when you are finished with their primary application and waiting for the secondary applications to come through.
School List Deadline: May 15, 2019
- DRAFT of your School List*
Deadline: June 1, 2019
- Please be sure to share your preferred post-Midd e-mail address with our office.
- Ensure your Interfolio account* is current
- Letters of Recommendation*
- Committee Letter Request*
- Read the Application Instruction Manual(s)
- If you qualify, apply for Fee Assistance
- Once your application has been submitted in June (does not have to be June 1st), email us a PDF copy of your AMCAS/AADSAS/AACOMAS/TMDSAS application*
*These items are required to be complete and in your file before we begin writing your committee letter. In May we will invite you to join a confidential Google doc spreadsheet so you can see what items still need to be handed in.
June-August 2018: Submit primary applications
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as the applications are open.
Fun fact: By July 2, 2015, UVM already had 1,800 applications!
Dossiers, including the committee letter, are submitted to professional schools.
TIMELINE FOR THE COMMITTEE LETTER:
- We begin outlining your committee letter during your Health Professions Committee year.
- We start a first draft of your letter after your file is complete (see the June 1st deadlines above) and you submit your primary application. Email our office once your application has been verified.
- Once you have submitted your first secondary application (and your file is complete), email our office and we will finalize your committee letter. Letters are typically completed within 2 weeks.
When your committee letter has been written and your dossier is complete, we will contact you to let you know.