- If you have not taken the DAT, you should be scheduled to do so ASAP. Information regarding the DAT may be found at the American Dental Association (ADA) site http://www.ada.org/dat.aspx
- Mid-May 2020 – AADSAS application opens for applicants and deadline to complete draft of his school list. He can access the online form here.
- June 1, 2020 – internal deadline for:
- Please be sure to share your preferred post-Midd e-mail address with our office.
- Ensure your veCollect account* is current
- Letters of Recommendation*
- Committee Letter Request*
- Read the Application Instruction Manual(s)
- If you qualify, apply for Fee Assistance
- ONCE YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED IN JUNE, PDF Copy of your application sent to email@example.com*
*These items are required to be complete and in your file before we begin writing your committee letter. In early June we will invite you to join a confidential Google doc spreadsheet so you can see what items still need to be handed in and where you are in the letter writing queue.
- Early June, 2020 – First day to submit your ADEA AADSAS application
- August 15 – Late September, 2020 – Academic Update period** (1st academic period)
- July-September 2020 – Complete secondary applications. (Starting with the 2017 cycle, many schools include the supplemental questions on AADSAS rather than sending a separate supplemental application.)
- August-September 2020 – Interviews
- December 3, 2020 – February 1, 2021 – Academic Update period** (2nd academic period)
- September 2020-Spring 2021 – Continue to interview. Schools notify applicants of acceptances beginning Dec. 1 and continue until the class is full. Stay in contact with schools you are waitlisted at.
- February 1, 2021 – AADSAS application cycle closes.
- February 15, 2021 – Last day to submit all official documents to ADEA AADSAS
- Fall 2021 – begin dental school!
** During the Academic Update period, applicants can enter grades earned for courses that were listed in the “Course Planned/In Progress” section of the application and add, delete or modify courses listed in that section. Applicants will receive notification and more detailed instructions about the Academic Update process 30 days prior to its initiation.
- Read all of the ADEA AADSAS application instructions carefully before you apply.
- ADEA AADSAS applications will not be processed until all official undergraduate transcriptsare received. Official transcripts should be sent to ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Center at P.O. Box 9110, Watertown, MA, 02471. If using express mail, send to ADEA AADSAS Transcript Processing Center c/o Liaison International, 311 Arsenal Street, Suite 15, Watertown, MA, 02472.
- After the ADEA AADSAS application, fee payment and official transcripts are received, it usually takes about four to six weeks to process an application. Check the status of your application regularly to make sure there is nothing holding up the process.
- Check with your designated dental schools to make sure you fulfill all of their individual supplemental application
- Apply early! Do not wait until deadlines approach to submit your application. Each dental school has its own application deadline. ADEA AADSAS does not send your application to a school if your application is received by ADEA AADSAS after the school’s deadline.
Back to Application Timeline.