Learn more and apply on Handshake!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the implementation, both internally and externally, of the Partners Biobank at NWH.
- Initiates and maintains recruitment contact with potential study participants using specialized software.
- Works in concert with Principal Investigator and/or Research Manager, develops and implements patient recruitment strategies.
- Responsible for managing and recruiting patients at twelve different recruitment sites. Assists with responding to patient inquiries about the Partners Biobank
- Conducts phlebotomy (blood draws) on research subjects.
- Assists with the development, organization, and/or maintaining the study database. Responsible for data validation and quality control.
- Coordinates with Consent Tracking to ensure proper subject identification, oversee collection of discarded samples, and recommend system improvements
- Recommends changes to research protocols.
- Assists with the production of patient and/or physician education material, research newsletters, development of web content and online project communication.
- Assists with clinic expansion at new sites.
- All other duties as assigned.
- BS or BA degree required.
- Research experience working with data collected from questionnaires and patients preferred but not required. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, database management and computer skills.
- Must possess a great deal of integrity to maintain confidentiality.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred but not required.
- Spanish fluency preferred.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- People: Focus on serving a diverse community through collaboration and respect
- Inclusiveness: Maintain an environment where individuals value and respect differences in all situations. Stand firm against intolerance and bias to create a welcoming environment and respect all individuals regardless of race, gender identity, ethnicity, language, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental ability, religion, socio-economic status, or national origin.
- Work effectively with others who have different perspectives, talents, roles, backgrounds and/or styles.
- Contribute to a positive team environment where differences are respected, supported and are free from stereotyping and offensive comments.
- Be professional when approached about behaviors that might be perceived as disrespectful.
- Must have interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients from varied backgrounds, MDs, researchers and other team members.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work responsibilities in order to meet deadlines.
- Must possess integrity to maintain confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate accuracy in recording data.
- Must possess strong database management and overall computer skills.
- Must be able to make independent judgments for the above mentioned job duties and responsibilities.
- Works in normal office environment and hospital clinic where there are no discomforts due to extreme temperature, dust, and the like.
- Office is based in the Longwood Medical Area.