The Civic Digital Fellowship is a first-of-its-kind internship program for innovative students to solve pressing problems in federal agencies.
Civic Digital Fellows are mission-driven software engineers, data scientists, product managers, and designers who spend their summers innovating at the intersection of technology and public service. Fellowship host agencies have included the Census Bureau, Department of Health and Human Services, General Services Administration, and the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The Fellowship is fully funded and all Civic Digital Fellows receive a package that includes:
- A competitive stipend. We’re one of the only government internships that offers students a competitive living stipend ($4,000+) for their work.
- Furnished housing. Live with other Fellows and form lifelong friendships over the course of the summer.
- Travel to-and-from Washington, D.C. Whether you’re flying, taking the train, or driving, all domestic travel will be fully covered to and from D.C.
Outside of work, Civic Digital Fellows also have no shortage of professional and personal growth opportunities, including:
- Professional programming. Past events have included a career chat with members of the U.S. Digital Service, a behind-the-scenes tour of Mapbox, a meetup in Congress with TechCongress Fellows, and networking happy hours.
- One-on-one mentorship. You’ll be paired with a technology professional with similar interests, and they’ll be a resource to help you navigate your career journey and explore the fields of social impact and civic tech.
- Cohort community of social impact technologists. Meet like-minded peers from across the country and bond over movie nights, monument walks, BBQs, bike rides, and more.
Read more and apply HERE. Deadline is January 8