- Application deadlines:
- Full-time Business Analyst (BA): September 7th
- BA Intern: September 13th
- Sophomore Diversity Leaders Internship: October 4
Feel free to check back here for any opportunities to connect virtually over the next few months.
1. Tips to Prepare
- Review the McKinsey Careers page here that reviews the qualities we are looking for in potential candidates. Make sure that your resume is reflective of the aspects of your background and experience that map onto these qualities.
- Focus on impact: When framing your previous roles and experiences, think about the impact as well as the tasks and responsibilities involved.
- Keep it to one page: Your resume should fit onto one page and highlight your most recent accomplishments and experiences. Everything that is on the page should be adding to your candidacy.
- Be yourself: The diversity of backgrounds and experiences in our people is what makes our firm unique. We are not specifically looking for certain majors or profiles, so we encourage all interested candidates to apply.
- Forgo the cover letter: Cover letters are not required. Unless you have a special circumstance (transfer, gap in education, etc), we recommend that you apply with only your resume and the online application.
2. How to Apply (for summer 2021 internships and start dates) – Our application process is very simple. All we require is a current copy of your resume and an unofficial copy your transcript. We will begin reviewing applications after each deadline and will reach out at that time.
- For graduation dates between December 2020 – August 2021; or students currently completing their final year in a non-business, 2-year master’s program with less than 3 years of work experience, please apply for the Business Analyst role here by September 7th at 11:59pm ET
- For graduation dates between December 2021 – August 2022, please apply for the Business Analyst Intern role here by September 13th at 11:59pm ET
- For graduation dates between December 2022 – August 2023, we do have a Sophomore Diversity Leaders Internship program (SDLI) that provides opportunities for Undergraduate candidates who identify as Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, and/or Native American. This internship provides students first-hand experience with consulting at McKinsey & Company. Please apply for the SDLI role here by October 4th at 11:59pm ET
3. Office Locations – All applications are screened on behalf of the Firm. However, we ask candidates to select up to three offices they are interested in. You can find more information on our offices here.
4. Connect – Be sure to visit our website to get to know a few of our colleagues and get the inside scoop on life at McKinsey.
Here’s an overview of our newest releases:
Student Resources – resources for students who are interested in learning more about McKinsey’s recruiting process, the work we do, insights, and more.
What inspires McKinsey women? – personal stories from current and former colleagues about what brought them to McKinsey, why they’ve stayed, and how the firm has served as a springboard for their success
Leading a full life – a description of the tools and resources – from team learnings to Take Time – we provide to support our colleagues’ pursuit of full lives
The staffing process – examples of how our business analysts and associates work with their professional development manager, development group leader, and other mentors to join an engagement team
The benefits of becoming a business analyst. watch here
What do business analysts go on to achieve? watch here
You’re the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when. Citi’s Institutional Clients Group is looking for Summer Analysts to join the Public Finance team in North America. ICG offers investment and corporate banking services, and products for corporations, governments, and institutions around the world. Summer Analysts join an intensive training program that includes both training sessions and real, on-the-job experience.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The ten-week Summer Analyst Program starts in June and begins with a one-week, intensive training program. After a placement process, based on your interests and strengths, and our business needs, you’ll be assigned to a regional or product coverage group, where you’ll focus on financial analysis and business development. Public Finance professionals work hand-in-hand with city, state, and local governments and municipal authorities, providing capital formulation strategies on an array of public projects, including health care systems, utilities, highways, and schools.
Learn more and apply here before September 30th.
September is right around the corner and before you know it you’ll be back to school. Here are some ideas for you as you prepare for your job and internship search:
This should not be a surprise to you, relationships matter. So either start or continue to reach out to alumni or other contacts. Not sure what to ask or how to reach out? Read this guide. Think about who you know, and consider asking for a referral to other people. Consider your affinity groups like maybe sports teams, music groups, clubs or other activities you are involved with. Midd2Midd is a good start (over 250 alums when you go to ‘industry’ of strategy/management consulting). And this LinkedIn alumni tool is very powerful with over 32,000 alumni in all industries.
Research and Target firms
Despite how great Middlebury is, we are not a target school where all firms recruit. This means you have to go to them directly and identify the career sites or Human Resource pages at firms that interest you. Some firms will post a job or internship on Handshake, but only a select few will actually come to campus to interview you. (or do so virtually this year). I just want your expectations to be clear.
Part of researching the consulting field is knowing the players beyond the big names like McKinsey, Deloitte, BCG and Bain. A huge resource to explore more and widen your perspective is the VAULT Guides. Click here to access in Handshake.
With all that said, here are 20+ firms that I suggest you keep on your radar now who have recruited at Midd in the past. Here at CCI we are working to get them to post a job or internship in Handshake or host a virtual event if possible:
- Oliver Wyman
- Kaiser Associates
- Analysis Group
- Compass Lexicon
- Charles River Associates
- Beacon Group
- Brattle Group
- Treacy & Company
- Clearview Healthcare Partners
- Clarion Healthcare
- AT Kearney
- Cornerstone Research
- Edgeworth Economics
- Seurat Group
- Advisory Board
- Third Bridge
- Bridgespan Group
Practice case interviews
These are a large part of the recruiting process for jobs, and internships too. Two resources to use to become more familiar with this style are ManagementConsulted and PrepLounge. Also those VAULT guides have case interview prep help as well. The consulting field is competitive, so making it to the first round past the resume review is a challenge, but where it really can make a difference is how you perform on these case interviews. Practice as much as possible. Click here to browse the resources.
Enjoy the rest of summer and I look forward to supporting your success in finding opportunities in consulting.
The following opportunities are currently posted in Handshake. APPLY EARLY! Interviews are offered on a rolling basis, usually before a deadline passes! Positions may be removed from Handshake before a deadline occurs.
- Job – Request for Proposal Analyst, Invesco
- Program – Discovery Program, American Express
- Internship – Summer Associate Program (2021), AlphaSights New Posting
- Internship – Fall Interns – Alumni Ventures Group
- Job – Associate Program (2021), AlphaSights New Posting
- Internship – 2021 Hedge Fund Intern, Weiss Asset Management
- Job – 2021 Analyst – PJT Camberview (New York & San Franscisco)
- Job – Associate Client Service, Champlain Investment Partners New Posting
- Job – Fixed Income Research Associate Program (2021) – Fidelity Investments
- Internship – 2021 Summer Analyst, Evercore
- Internship – 2021 Summer Equity Research Associate, Dodge & Cox
- Internship – Diverse Investors Student Experience Internship 2021, Fidelity Investments New Posting
- Internship – 2021 Commercial Bank Winning Women Summer Analyst Program, JPMorgan Chase & Co New Posting
- Internship – Finance Intern, Francis Financial New Posting
- Internship – Summer Analyst, Chestnut Partners
- Internship – 2021 Spring/Summer Environmental Commodities Brokerage, Karbone HOT Alumni Referral
- Job – Analyst, Chestnut Partners HOT Alumni Referral
- Job – Private Equity Analyst, Constitution Capital Partners
- Job – Growth Equity Analyst, Long Ridge Equity Partners
- Job – Private Equity Fellowship, Search Fund Accelerator
- Job – Corporate and Investment Bank Operations Analyst, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Internship – 2021 Commercial Bank Launching Leaders Summer Analyst Program, JPMorgan Chase & Co New Posting
- Internship – Global Markets Summer Analyst, Nomura
- Internship – Equity Research Associate Intern, MFS Investments
- Internship – Sophomore Summer Analyst Program, Morgan Stanley
- Internship – 2021 Investment Banking Analyst, Jefferies
- Job – NCAA Postgraduate Internship Program, NCAA New Posting
- Job – Analyst, Investment Strategies, NISA Investment Advisors
- Job – Analyst, Investor Relations (2021), Oak Hill Advisors – HOT Alumni Referral
- Job – Equity Associate, Putnam Investments New Posting
- Job – 2021 Private Equity Analyst, Bregal Partners New Posting
- Internship – Summer Analyst 2021, Bank of America New Posting
- Internship – Trading Intern, PEAK6 Investments New Posting
- Internship – Product Design Intern, PEAK6 Investments New Posting
- Internship – Product Management Intern, PEAK6 Investments New Posting
- Job – Equity Research Associate: Healthcare, Nephron Research
- Internship – Summer Analyst, Private Equity, Audax Group – HOT Alumni Referral
- Job – Investment Analyst (January & Summer 2021) – Cambridge Associates HOT JOB
- Job – Associate (Shanghai) – AlphaSights
- Internship – Public Finance Summer Analyst, Citi New Posting Alumni Referral
- Internship – 2021 Wealth Management US Private Bank Summer Analyst Program, JPMorgan Chase & Co New Posting
- Internship – Summer Intern Program, Nomura Securities HOT Alumni Referral
- Internship – 2021 Summer Analyst (CIB Programs), JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Internship – 2021 Summer Analyst, Financo
- Job – RFP Analyst, Invesco New Posting
- Job – Compliance Associate, Managed Organizations, Arabella Advisors
- Job – Analyst (2021), Financo
- Job – Financial Advisor – New Advisor Development Program, Baystate Financial
- Internship – Various Summer 2021 Roles, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Job – Relationship Banker, Bank of America
- Job – Capital Associates Program (CAP), Capital Group New Posting
- Internship – 2021 Internships in Hong Kong, Singapore & Japan, Credit Suisse
- Internship – Asia Pacific Investment Challenge, Credit Suisse
- Internship – 2021 Summer Analyst, BNP Paribas
- Internships – Investments Summer Quantitative Analyst, Global Atlantic Financial Group
- Internship – 2021 Securities Services Leadership Program Summer Analyst Program, JPMorgan Chase & Co New Posting
- Job – Investment Analyst, Constitution Capital Partners
- Internship – 2021 Summer Intern (various roles), PIMCO
- Job – Graduate Trader (Fall 2020), Flow Traders New Posting
- Internship – 2021 Summer Analyst Opportunities, Goldman Sachs
- Job – 2021 Analyst Opportunities, Goldman Sachs
- Internship – General Business Intern, Discover Financial Services
- Internship – Finance Intern, MassMutual
- Internship – 2021 FDIC Financial Management Scholars Programs, FDIC Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation New Posting
- Internship – 2021 Internal Audit Analyst Program, JPMorgan Chase & Co New Posting
- Internship – 2021 Human Resources Analyst Development Program, JPMorgan Chase & Co New Posting
- Internship – Business Development Intern, Accathon Capital
- Internship – Entrepreneurship Intern, Goaloop
- Internship – Innovation Intern, Goaloop
- Internship – Technology Investment Banking Summer Intern, Presidio Technology Partners
- Internship – 2021 Investment Banking Summer Analyst – Charlotte, Jefferies
- Internship – 2021 Summer Associate, Lazard Asset Management
- Internship – Growth Marketing Intern at Fintech Startup Ubund, TGA Capital
- Internship – Finance Operations Intern, General Motors
- Internship – Accounting Intern, General Motors
- Job – Analyst, Client Management, Coleman Research
- Job – Entry Level Finance Analyst, General Motors
- Internship – 2021 Finance Summer Intern, Unilever New Posting
- Internship – 2021 Customer Development Summer Intern, Unilever New Posting
- Internship – Finance Diversity Leadership Summit (2021), Amazon New Posting
- Internship – Finance and Accounting Positions (2021), Amazon New Posting
- Internship – Operations Finance Rotational Program (2021), Amazon New Posting
- Job – Operations Finance Rotational Program (2021), Amazon New Posting
- Job – Finance and Accounting Positions (2021), Amazon New Posting
- Internship – Investments, Summer Analyst, Global Atlantic Financial Group
- Internship – Investment Banking Analyst Summer 2021 (Sophs only), Davidson Capital Advisors
- Internship – Various Roles, The D.E. Shaw Group
Eligible candidates may apply for up to three programs through the links below. In order to be considered, please submit your application by the program deadline. REMEMBER: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Application Deadline: September 6
Application Deadline: September 6
Application Deadline: September 20
Application Deadline: October 11
New York Programs
Application Deadline: January 2021
Regional Economic Models, Inc. (REMI) is the leading provider of economic forecasting and policy analysis models. REMI’s analysis has guided public policy decisions on healthcare policy, national security issues and state tax legislation. Clients include government agencies, consulting firms and academic institutions. Established in 1980, we are a small firm based in Amherst, Massachusetts with extensive national and global networks.
REMI is excited to offer new remote positions for students interested in Economics, Marketing, Administration, and Software Development used to impact public policy.
REMI works with countless government agencies and consulting firms in their daily work and these positions expose employees to successful careers in public policy and software development through strong REMI leadership and focused guidance at all levels of the firm.
Deadlines are fast approaching – do not delay your application as candidates are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Deadline: August 6
Deadline: August 15
Deadline: August 17
Deadline: August 20
Deadline: September 6
Deadline: September 14
Deadline: September 20
AlphaSights will be hosting a series of Virtual Open House webinars during the week of Monday, August 10th to discuss open roles in New York and San Francisco. All attendees will be provided with the links to apply to the firm’s soon to be open Full-Time Associate and Summer Associate Program positions for the hiring class of 2021 (open to rising juniors and seniors) with eligibility for an accelerated interview timeline!
RSVP for the webinar events using the links below:
- Learning Sales & Negotiation with AlphaSights
- Tips for Virtual Interview Success with AlphaSights
- How to Pick a Career Outside Your Major
- How to Leverage Your Athletic Experience in the Hiring Process
You’re welcome to attend any and all sessions you find relevant. All sessions will be presented by different members of the AlphaSights team, and will include information about the firm’s opportunities and hiring processes!
There is also a Full-time JOB posted in Handshake in SF and NYC for a Jan 2021 start date that could be good for a graduating Feb or May grad still seeking. Apply here.
“Seurat Group is a boutique, data-driven management consulting and private equity firm with 20+ professionals specializing in the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry. Our name comes from Georges Seurat, the pointillist painter. As with pointillism, we integrate many points of cultural, behavioral and sales data, identifying insights to help our clients and portfolio companies see the “bigger picture.”
Seurat Group consists of two core branches, across which employees work fluidly (note, Business Analysts are being recruited to primarily support Consulting at this time):
Consulting: Our consulting work involves creatively integrating multiple lenses of insight to challenge conventional wisdom and provide guidance for future growth. Our clients include leading Fortune 500 companies in food, beverage, personal care/beauty, and other consumer products categories.
Capital: Our market expertise guides our private equity investments, and we provide our portfolio companies with the resources and strategic insight of our consulting firm to accelerate growth. We invest in and advise start-up “challenger brands” who are driving significant, exciting change in the industry.
In short, we create value for our clients through leading-edge creative thinking, providing the clarity to act and invest in the future.
The Seurat Group is a young firm with a driven, yet informal, collaborative culture. We strive to provide hands-on training, room for career development, and opportunities to learn by working closely with senior members of the organization. The Managing Partners all come from strong CPG backgrounds and have 20+ combined years in the consulting arena working with large CPG firms such as General Mills, Kraft, Clorox, etc. Overall, we look for team members who embody our core values:
Drive for results
If this sounds like you, we are currently looking for Business Analysts and Associates to join our team! Click here to apply in Handshake
Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is the premier global strategic advisory and commercial diplomacy firm. With a commitment to excellence, integrity, and discretion, we help our clients navigate challenges and capture opportunities in markets around the world. www.albrightstonebridge.com
ASG is seeking interns for the fall 2020 semester with knowledge of Africa, China, the Middle East and North Africa, the Americas, East Asia and Pacific, South Asia, Europe, Health and Life Sciences, Global Health Solutions, Sustainability, Global Innovation & Growth, Business Development, Communications or Marketing (BDCM).
All the details here!
2020 Undergraduate program August 20–21, 2020 | Virtual
EY-Parthenon Connect is an opportunity for Black/African American, Latinx/Hispanic, Native American and LGBTQ+ undergraduate students (rising juniors and rising seniors) to learn more about strategy consulting as a career path. The event will feature:
- Seminars on what strategy consulting is, EY-Parthenon’s approach to solving cases, the associate and summer associate roles, and career trajectory
- Opportunities to network with senior leadership at the organization
- Time to connect with peers from other top schools
- Opportunity to interview for a summer or full-time associate role
- Please complete a short online application and a statement of interest in the event here.
- Application deadline: August 3, 2020 at 12 p.m. ET
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance by August 10, 2020. This event will be virtual, and additional details will be provided after your attendance is confirmed.