Have you engaged with the Center for Careers & Internships (CCI) in the last two years, perhaps you received funding for an amazing summer internship, connected with an advisor or a Midd2Midd mentor, attended a workshop, Field Guide or UpNext? Or even traveled across the U.S. on a Student Trek? Thinking about a campus job next year? Want to be on top of the “opportunities” as they fly in to Handshake? If you’ve ever utilized the advice of one of our well-trained Peer Career Advisor (PCA) for Quick Questions, then perhaps you’ll apply to serve at CCI next semester! Check out the position on Handshake here.
Hollis Rhodes ’20 wrote to encourage sophomores to apply for opportunities at Greenhill & Co., a leading independent investment bank focused on providing financial advice on significant mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, financings and capital raising to corporations, partnerships, institutions and governments. The deadline to apply is April 17 at 12:00 noon.
M&A Group Opportunity – https://middlebury.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3673218/
Restructuring Group Opportunity – https://middlebury.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3673232/
The following opportunities are currently posted in Handshake. APPLY EARLY! Interviews are offered on a rolling basis, usually before a deadline passes! Positions may be removed from Handshake before a deadline occurs.
- Job – Investment Banking Analyst, Financial Institutions Group, Jefferies
- Job – Junior Quantitative Trader, Apex Capital
- Internship – Investment Banking Summer Analyst, Digital Capital Advisors
- Job – International Graduate Program United Arab Emirates, Standard Chartered Bank
- Job – Internal Audit New Analyst – Technology, Goldman Sachs
- Job – Associate Operations and Client Service, Champlain Investment Partners
- Job – Portfolio Analyst, Ballentine Partners
- Job – Wealth Management Associate, Ballentine Partners
- Job – Environmental Commodities Broker, Karbone
- Internship – Global Business Development Intern, Compass Group
- Internship – Wealth Management Intern, HighTower’s Treasury Partners
- Internship – Environmental Commodities Broker, Karbone
- Job – Acquisitions & Development Analyst, Bridge Investment Group
- Job – Economic Research Associate, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Job – Entrepreneur in Residence, JUMP Investors
- Job – Trading Analyst, Lord, Abbett & Co.
- Internship – Summer Analyst, Investor Relations, Oak Hill Advisors
- Internship – Corporate Summer Intern, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Internship – 2021 Investment Banking Summer Analyst, Lazard Middle Market
- Job – Institutional Equity Sales Assistant, Global Equities and Investment Banking, Raymond James
- Job – Portfolio Management Associate, Cobblestone Capital Advisors
- Internship – Strategic Operations Analyst, Greenbacker Capital
- Internship – ETF Muni Intern, VanEck
- Job – Private Equity/Venture Capital Investment Analyst, Portfolio Advisors
- Internship – Intern, JUMP Investors
- Internship – 2021 Summer Analyst Program, Deutsche Bank
- Job – Institutional Sales Assistant, AllianceBernstein
- Internship – 2021 Investment Banking Summer Analyst, Greenhill & Co
- Job – Quantitative Analyst, NISA Advisors
- Job – Solutions Analyst, NISA Advisors
- Job – Operations Analyst, NISA Advisors
- Internship – Quantitative Summer Intern, VanEck
- Job – Origination Graduate Analyst, Greensill Capital
- Internship – UAE Intern, Standard Chartered Bank
- Job – Analyst, Stelac Advisory Services
- Job – Corporate Risk Solutions, Strategic FX Analyst, Global Markets Americas, BNP Paribas
- Job – Proprietary Trader, The D.E. Shaw Group
- Job – Generalist, The D.E. Shaw Group
- Job – Rotational Associates Program, The D.E. Shaw Group
- Job – People Operations & Analytics Assoc., PDT Partners
- Job – Financial Analyst, R4 Capital
- Job – Jr. Consultant/Financial Advisor, Cammack Retirement Group
- Job – Equity Trader Trainee, Chimera Securities
- Internship – Global Client Group Intern, Dimensional Fund Advisors
- Internship – Asset Management Summer Analyst, Compass Group
- Internship – Financial Analyst Intern, Delphos International
- Internship – Private Equity & Advisory Analyst, Elevation Gained Partners
- Job – Associate, SkyBridge Capital
- Job – Portfolio Analyst – Fixed Income (Municipals), Lord, Abbett & Co.
- Job – Junior Trader, Credit Suisse
- Job – Sustainable Finance – Commercial Real Estate, Counterpointe Sustainable Real Estate
- Internship – Research Intern, Prince Street Capital Management
- Internship – Business Development Intern, Prince Street Capital Management
- Internship – Business Development Intern, Landmark Ventures
- Internship – Various Roles, VanEck
- Internship – Client Management/Investment Communication Rotational Intern, Harding Loevner LP
- Internship – Credit Summer Analyst, Ares Management
- Internship – Qsemble Capital Management ALUMNI REFERRAL
- Internship – Client Service & Business Development Intern, Impax Asset Management
- Internship – Research Assoc. Intern, Arrowstreet Capital
- Job – Business Operation Analyst Rotation Program, PDT Partners
- Internship – Intern, City Hall Capital
- Internship – 2021 IB Summer Analyst, SF Technology, Lazard
- Internship – 2021 IB Summer Analyst, SF Healthcare, Lazard
- Internship – 2021 IB Summer Analyst, LA, Lazard
- Internship – 2021 Advisor Summer Analyst, Perella Weinberg Partners
- Internship – Summer Analyst, Sustainability, RockCreek
- Internship – Various Positions, AllianceBernstein
- Job – Equity Research Associate, Cantor Fitzgerald
- Job – Prime Brokerage Client Service Representative, Jefferies
- Job – US Associate, Business Analyst, Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank
NOTE: Due to employer travel restrictions, events may be canceled or rescheduled with or without notice. We are working with our alumni at TD Securities, Bank of America, and UBS to reschedule their information sessions. Monitor Handshake for updates.
Tues., Mar. 31
TD Securities Info Session – This session has been postponed.
Wed., Apr. 1
Citi 2021 Summer Internships Info Session – Middlebury alumni, representing Citi will be hosting this virtual session. If you plan to apply for Summer 2021 roles you should attend. Come prepared to learn about the internships available, how to effectively navigate the recruiting process and network with Alumni. All interested freshman and sophomores are encouraged to attend. 4:30 p.m. ET; Login info will be provided via Handshake email to those who register.
Fri., Apr. 3
Fidelity’s Boundless: Virtual Investment Summit is a 2-hour event that immerses undergraduate female identifying students into the world of financial services and investing. Participants will hear from a panel of female investment associates and will have the have the opportunity to ask questions of the panelists to learn more about their experience in investment management, at Fidelity, and on the buy-side. In addition, Fidelity will discuss the Summer 2021 recruiting process. 1:00-2:30 p.m. EST; login info is available in the event posting.
Thur., Apr. 16
Fidelity’s Fixed Income Investing Virtual Event will give students the opportunity to learn about our Fixed Income division, including how the research and investing process works, as well as what job opportunities look like. By joining this event, you will get to hear a Research Associate, Research Analyst, Portfolio Manager, and Trader walk through a live credit read and discuss their bond investment process. This is a great opportunity for students to learn more about finance, Fidelity, and how our Fixed Income division works as a team. 3:00-4:00 p.m. EST; login info is available in the event posting.
Prepare for life after graduation with online courses from Harvard Business School’s Credential of Readiness (CORe) or Business Essentials programs.
- Enhance your career readiness and prepare for interviews
- Explore if an MBA might be right for you
- Build your problem-solving skills and confidence
- Study online whenever convenient
The CORe program offers three courses: Business Analytics, Economics for Managers, and Financial Accounting taught in tandem. Three start dates will be offered this summer (May 19, June 23, and July 21). The program required 15-20 hours per week and a required final exam. Tuition is $2,250.
The Business Essentials program offers three courses: Business Analytics, Economics for Managers, and Financial Accounting, but instead you take only the course you want as separate certificate program. Start dates vary and each course requires 6-8 hours per week. Tuition is $1,600 per course.
As a currently enrolled student at Middlebury College, you may be eligible for Harvard Business School Online scholarship support. Eligibility is based on each individual’s level of need, as determined by your Middlebury’s financial aid office. Please refer to the table below for scholarship amounts. See this flyer for award amounts.
Apply now at online.hbs.edu/enroll
Peter Lubans ’06 seeks a summer intern to work with him at his firm. Applications from all qualified Middlebury students will be considered.
Qsemble is a quantitative trading firm based in New York City. The firm combines deep knowledge of financial markets with sophisticated statistical learning and data analysis techniques to systematically predict stock prices.
Join us for a summer internship and get exposure to both the high-level principles that guide our approach to portfolio management, as well as the day-to-day realities of operating an investment management firm.
Projects will depend on both the candidate’s skills and the firm’s needs, but may include: cleaning and processing data sets in preparation for alpha research, writing software tools to assist with exploratory data analysis, researching the efficacy of various model-fitting techniques, writing tools to assist in monitoring production trading, and streamlining data flows.
Some coding experience is required, preferably using python.
COVID-19 has affected communities across the world, forcing us to work together and adapt to new realities. AlphaSights is no different — as we adjust to a new normal for now, we are still hiring and open for business across our NY & SF office. We’ve moved to an entirely virtual interview process and we hope to connect with you! Check out our Associate Program below:
Associate Program in NY & SF (Seniors graduating in Spring 2020)
What should the start of your career look like? Do you look for an introduction to the world of business and exposure to a wide variety of industries? A role offering autonomy and measurable personal impact? A clear path towards leading your own team and managing blue-chip client relationships in two years’ time? Running your own multimillion-dollar book of business in five years?
AlphaSights is the world’s knowledge partner, comprised of ambitious professionals committed to accelerating progress for our clients and our people alike. From the moment you join us as an Associate, you’ll have significant autonomy and personal responsibility. You’ll receive training and professional development opportunities to help you excel in your role. Hard work, drive, and a commitment to delivering results will put you on a path to becoming a Manager in around two years from joining us, and a Vice President in around five.
All along, you’ll be working in the company of like-minded, driven colleagues from across the globe: we work as one global team that’s dedicated to growing our business, improving ourselves, supporting one another, and celebrating wins together. Our alumni go on to join some of the world’s most prestigious companies or pursue further study at top graduate schools.
Apply directly through the following links:
Middlebury has partnered with Scouted – a job matching platform that helps college students and recent graduates find great jobs based on who they are, not just how they look on paper.
Sign up: Login to Handshake>Career Center>Resources and click on Scouted.
Create your Scouted profile: We ask for your basic information, resume, education, and some other unique details so we can get to know you.
Complete your Virtual Interview: Complete the first round of the interview process with video and written responses so our companies can get to know the you behind your resume.
Opt In to Jobs and Internships: Pick the opportunities that interest you! We update your dashboard with new roles every week, so be sure to check back often.
Matching Process: Once you opt in, our platform combines AI with human verification to ensure you’re aligned with the best opportunities suited to who you are (not just what you’ve done).
Get Interviewing: After a short while, you’ll know whether you’ve been matched as a good fit with the companies where you’ve expressed interest. We’ll introduce you to them so you’re set for the next round.
Say Hi: Our Talent Scouts are here to help. Be sure to reach out and let us know you’re on the job hunt. We can offer advice on resumes, interview preparation, and negotiations. We want to see you succeed!
Here is a sampling of what you’ll find in Scouted:
- Business Development Analyst at Arena Investors in Jacksonville, FL – Though not an investing role, this is a client-facing opportunity that will allow the candidate to manage investor relations as well as a lot of marketing materials for the firm. The opportunity is open to 2020 graduates.
- Scouted Summer Tech Startup Internship in New York, NY – Scouted plans to hire about 5 interns who are excited to get their hands dirty digging deep on various projects across their business (aligned with your interests and skill sets). Typically the internship last 8 weeks beginning in early June, but they can be flexible to accommodate students’ schedules. The opportunity is open to rising sophomores and above.
|We invite you to connect with Morgan Stanley’s culture and opportunities through our 2020 Virtual Engagement Series! Meet us online for insight into our analyst programs, the various businesses at Morgan Stanley, tips on the application process, and perspectives on topics you care about. |
Click on the links to register for as many sessions as you like. You will receive an email in advance of each webinar with log-in access.
All sessions will be held at 6:00 p.m. EST.
Monday, March 16: Day in the Life of an Analyst: Investment Banking & Global Capital Markets
Monday, March 23: Finance Division Explained
Wednesday, March 25: Corporate Treasury Explained
Monday, March 30: Internal Audit Explained
To learn more, please visit morganstanley.com/people-opportunities
Additional Sessions Coming Soon
Just a few include…
Firm Strategy and Execution Explained
Quantitative Analyst Program Explained
Morgan Stanley Insights: Sustainable Investing
Questions? E-mail: email@example.com Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet). © 2020 Morgan Stanley
Please note that in light of the present circumstances, Middlebury has postponed the Q&A session with John Waldron ’91, President and COO of Goldman Sachs and Professor of the Practice Frank Van Gansbeke scheduled for this Friday, March 13th, at 2:00 pm. The Center for Careers and Internships and Professor Van Gansbeke will be working with Mr. Waldron to reschedule this interview for a future date.
Join the Professors of the Practice Business and Enterprise Program and the Center for Careers and Internships on Friday, March 13th in welcoming John Waldron ’91, President and Chief Operating Officer back to campus.
This event will be presented in a Q&A format moderated by Professor of the Practice Frank Van Gansbeke and is open to Middlebury College students, faculty, staff, and community.
- POSTPONED What’s Next for the Domestic and Global Economy – a Goldman Sachs Perspective with John Waldron ’91; 2:00 – 3:15 p.m. in MBH 220 – Registration Required
John Waldron ’91, President and Chief Operating Officer of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. will share his thoughts as part of Middlebury’s Professors of the Practice Business and Enterprise Program. John is president and chief operating officer of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. He is a member of the Goldman Sachs Management Committee and chair of the Firmwide Client and Business Standards Committee and Firmwide Reputational Risk Committee.
Previously, John was co-head of the Investment Banking Division (IBD) from 2014 to 2018. Prior to that, he was global head of Investment Banking Services (IBS)/Client Coverage for IBD and had oversight of the IBS Leadership Group, a group he founded in 2010. Earlier in his career, he was global co-head of the Financial Sponsors Group from 2007 to 2009, co-head of Leveraged Finance from 2005 to 2007 and co-head of the Media and Entertainment Group in IBD from 2002 to 2005. John joined Goldman Sachs in 2000 and was named managing director in 2001 and partner in 2002. John is a member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees and chairman of the Trustees Committee of The Lawrenceville School. He is also a member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City, a member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors for Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York, co-chairman of Youth, I.N.C., and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. John graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Middlebury College with a BA in English in 1991.