Contact Cheryl Whitney Lower at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Expand the sections below to access required forms and more information.
Starting now – early November, 2017
- SECURE YOUR INTERNSHIP
- Apply for opportunities on Handshake or find your own! Meet with a Career Advisor for help.
October 30-November 1, 2017
- REGISTER FOR A WINTER TERM INTERNSHIP COURSE
- If you are planning to complete an internship but have not yet been approved or secured, register for any Winter Term class as a temporary placeholder. Failure to register for a class or an internship during WT registration means you will not be eligible for credit.
- If your internship is approved before WT registration, register on Banner for your internship; CCI will send you instructions once it is approved.
- Note: “Approved” means it has been approved by CCI and the Curriculum Committee.
Before early November, 2017
- IDENTIFY AND SECURE AN ACADEMIC SPONSOR
- Identify a Middlebury faculty member as your Academic Sponsor- this can be your advisor or another faculty member.
- Discuss a plan that will help you make connections between your internship experience and your coursework at Middlebury.
- Identify at least three scholarly sources to list in your application for credit. You will use this as an intellectual framework for your experience and as relevant content for your final academic work.
No later than mid-November, 2017
- SEND SUPERVISOR AND ACADEMIC SPONSOR NECESSARY PAPERWORK
- Send the Intern Sponsor Agreement Form to your internship supervisor.
- Send the Academic Sponsor Form to your Academic Sponsor here at Middlebury.
- Inform them both of the November 30 submission deadline.
DEADLINE: November 30, 2017: Forms required to complete your application:
- Application for Winter Internship Credit (Student submits)
- Assumption of Risk and Code of Conduct Form (Student submits)
- Intern Sponsor Agreement Form (Internship Supervisor submits)
- Academic Sponsor Approval Form (Academic Sponsor submits)
- *Optional for qualifying students* WT Internship Funding Application (Student submits)
- COMPLETING YOUR INTERNSHIP
- Submit final academic work to your academic sponsor.
- Submit self-evaluation to the CCI.
- Internship supervisor will also submit an evaluation.