- Epic Games – Language Translation Games QA (Localization) Tester – Deadline date: 5/31
- Cambridge Community Television – Teaching Artist for Summer Media Institute – Deadline date: 5/31
- Bread Loaf View Farm – Marketing Coordinator – Social Media- Deadline date: 5/31
- Group M – Summer Internship (Advertising/Marketing)- Deadline Date: 5/31
- Bully Pulpit Interactive- 2019 Fall Fellowship – Deadline date: 6/1
- Rational 360- PR Intern Summer 2019 – Deadline date: 5/31
- Acuris Global- Summer 2019 Marketing Internship- Deadline date: 5/26
- Burlington City Arts- Gallery Education and Programs Intern- Deadline date: 5/24
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts- Several opportunities available with a 5/24 Deadline date.
- Berkshire Sports Academy- Customer Service Specialist and Marketing Assistant- Deadline date: 5/31
- Burlington Country Club- Front of the House Food & Beverage Internship- Deadline date: 5/31
- Development Counsellors International – Marketing Coordinator/Copywriter- Deadline date: 6/1
- Ampush- Growth Marketing Analyst- Deadline date: 5/31
- Centerforce- Marketing Associate – Deadline date: 5/28
- TMP Worldwide- Account Executive Digital Advertising- Deadline date: 5/31
- Cushman Design Group- Marketing and Administrative Associate – Deadline date: 5/31
- Ideas On Purpose- Project Coordinator- Deadline date: 6/1
- ISlide USA- Rotational Program- Deadline date: 6/1
- Atlantic Media – Membership Development Associate- Deadline date: 5/31
- Dow Jones & Co. – Marketing Associate, The Wall Street Journal – Deadline date: 5/31
- Forbes Media- Event Coordinator- Deadline date: 5/24
- Princeton University Press- Editorial Assistant (Natural History & Biology) – Deadline date: 5/25
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) – Assistant, Digital Talent & Packaging (Gaming) – Deadline date: 5/28
- Twentieth Century Fox- Analyst, Decision Science – Deadline date: 5/31
- School of Creative and Performing Arts- Program Coordinator – Deadline date: 5/31
Spending anytime in New York City this summer? If you are interested in….
- Learning about possible career paths in media and entertainment
- Understanding the skills necessary to succeed in these career fields
- Meeting Midd alumni currently working in NYC
The Center for Careers and Internships is currently planning site visits to film, news, music, television, and theater companies in New York City on Monday, June 24.
We will organize the visits, all you need to do is sign up! If you’d like to participate, sign up here by Monday, May 13th.
ALL MAJORS are eligible!
There is no fee to attend this program. Accommodations and transportation to and within NYC are the responsibility of each student.
Questions? Contact Alicia Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FF New York is looking for a New Business Intern to help assist our Business Development team in developing new client opportunities and supporting day-to-day operations in the New York office. Full and part time positions available.
The New Business Intern Will Be Expected To:
- Be a key part of the team.
- Support the Business Development team throughout the assessment of initial leads and prospect exploration, working closely with internal stakeholders on various deliverables, conducting research on prospective clients and developing business angles.
- Be comfortable with research and business analysis.
- Gain a holistic understanding of the clients’ business strategy, competitive advantage, product/service offerings, and points of friction.
- Spot opportunities.
- Analyze a client’s business objectives and strategize how the agency can provide creative effective solutions.
- Create and sharpen presentations.
- Assist in the development of proposal and pitch materials and make our thinking shine.
- Contribute to our culture.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the Agency’s values, mission, and strategy across all industries and verticals.
- Be on time and on target.
- Be comfortable working within tight timelines and have the flexibility to adapt on the fly to unexpected opportunities and challenges.
- Think like an entrepreneur
- Devise strategies for business growth to be discussed with the team.
Education and Experience:
- Earning a Bachelor’s Degree at a 4-year university
- Prior Agency or internship experience
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and self-starting mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Deadline date: Wednesday, May 8 at 5pm.
Click here to apply in Handshake!
- MoMA-Public Programs Museum Fellow-Deadline date: 6/7
- MoMA – Curatorial Museum Fellow- Deadline date: 6/7
- Advancing Women Executives-Regional Associate – Deadline date: 6/29
- Advantis Global – Computational Linguist – Voice Recognition – Deadline date: 6/1
- Forbes Media – Assistant Editor, ForbesWomen & Small Business – Deadline date: 5/17
- Middlebury College – Sarbarsky Graduate Fellow – Deadline date: 5/31
- Lionsgate – Assistant, Box Office – Deadline date: 7/1
- HubSpot-Leadership Rotational Program-Deadline date:5/31
- Fly Learning Arts Operations Internship-Deadline date: 5/13
David Ellis is currently a Product Marketing Manager at Microsoft where he is helping to grow Microsoft’s cloud business. David currently serves as a Middlebury Alumni Association board member, as the diversity liaison, where he has been helping to drive several initiatives between Middlebury and Alumni of Color. Prior to Microsoft, David was the Director of Brand Strategy, Advertising and Digital at Starr Companies, a global insurance and investments organization. Before joining Starr, David helped launch Sunny Field Entertainment, a production company that had a first look deal with Paramount Pictures. Prior to Sunny Field, David worked for International Creative Management, a talent agency whose clients included Drake, Beyoncé, Eminem, Al Pacino and Samuel L. Jackson. David started off his Hollywood career at Universal Pictures as an undergraduate intern during his final J-Term at Middlebury. David graduated from the University of Michigan Ross School of Business in 2018 with an MBA. He graduated from Middlebury in 2009 with a BA in Film & Media and minor in Economics.
Please join us for a career conversation with David Ellis ’09. Pick up your dinner and join us in Ross Fireplace Lounge!
Date: Thursday, May 9
Time: 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Location: Ross Fireplace Lounge
Click here to RSVP!
Douglas Hall joined the faculty at University of Southern Florida in 2015 after ten years on the faculty at CAP 21/NYU in New York City. He has directed at theaters across the country including The Williamstown Theater Festival, Mountain Playhouse, Seven Angels Theater and The Finger Lakes Musical Theater Festival. He directed the New York premiere of THE RELIGION THING, other past credits include directing Austin Pendleton in the one-man play KEATS, both off-Broadway and in Los Angeles and the World Premiere of DUSE’S FEVER on Theatre Row. He has directed several plays at the Finger Lakes Musical Theater Festival including GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES, TENDERLY, and ALWAYS… PASTY CLINE. Douglas has directed FOREVER PLAID, THE DYING GAUL, OF MICE AND MEN, THE LONESOME WEST and freeFall Theatre’s production of DADDY LONG LEGS, among others. Douglas directed the short film, “Second Glance,” starring Valerie Wright and Robert Clohessy. He directs the annual New York Industry Showcase for The Federation of Drama Schools, a consortium of the top drama schools in Great Britain. In addition to CAP 21/NYU, he has taught at Pace University, The Growing Studio and Broadway Classroom. He holds BA in English from University of California at Berkeley and an MFA in directing from Rutgers University.
Douglass Hall will be on campus on Tuesday, April 30 from 10am – 12pm. Click here to schedule your 1:1 chat!
Wild Card is an award-winning entertainment advertising agency specializing in theatrical film marketing. Located in Culver City, CA, Midd alum, Founder and Editor Nick Temple and his team make up a diverse group of highly skilled editors, graphic designers, and music supervisors. They work with filmmakers across all major studios to develop teasers, trailers, and TV spots for major feature films and television shows.
At Wild Card, our internships offer hands-on learning and practical work experience in a fun friendly environment. Interns are encouraged to explore, develop and share their ideas while gaining valuable experience in the showbiz industry. We’re looking for a creative self-starter who is interested in the entertainment marketing industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support a creative production team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Self-directed and able to work without supervision
• Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
• Perform clerical duties, maintain files, organize documents, copy etc.
• Has in interest in social media and entertainment marketing
•Ability to get hands-on experience from within top competitive advertising agency
•Opportunity to network with creative innovative professionals
Click here to apply!
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
Log into handshake to apply to the below opportunities!
- Business Insider billionaires reporter
- Business Insider editorial fellow, tech
- Insider editorial fellow, science
- Video: producing fellow, Tech Insider
- Business Insider visual features reporter, retail
- Business Insider visual features fellow, retail
- Business Insider editorial fellow, luxury lifestyle
- Business Insider lists and rankings reporter
- Business Insider travel reporter, visual features
- Business Insider editorial fellow, tech
- Copyediting fellow, video
- Video: editing fellow
- Video: Writing fellow, art and design
For more than 25 years, TransPerfect has provided comprehensive language and technology solutions to help our clients communicate and conduct business more effectively in a global marketplace. TansPerfect provides a full array of language and business support services, including translation, interpretation, multicultural marketing, website globalization, subtitling, voiceovers, staffing services, e-learning and training, and legal support services. TransPerfect also offers a suite of next-generation technologies that significantly reduce costs and improve consistency throughout the translation process, making TransPerfect the vendor of choice for the world’s leading multinationals. With annual revenues of over $615 million, TransPerfect is the world’s largest provider of language services and technology solutions. From offices in more than 90 cities on six continents, TransPerfect offers a full range of services in 170+ languages to clients worldwide. With an unparalleled commitment to quality and client service, TransPerfect is fully ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 certified. TransPerfect has global headquarters in New York, with regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
Log into handshake to apply for the below job opportunities!
- Project Coordinator
- Sales Account Manager
HBO’s Talent Acquisition (TA) department is focused on acquiring the best and brightest talent for the world’s most successful premium television network. The Executive Assistant will provide general administrative support to the Vice President, Talent Acquisition. The VP leads a team of recruiters who manage full life-cycle recruitment for varying business units such as Technology, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, etc.
This role requires an individual with strong people and office management skills. The ideal candidate will have excellent phone and in person demeanor, be a quick study, independent and thoughtful in his or her decision-making. A successful candidate will be a creative problem-solver and self-starter who is resilient in a fast-paced environment, and highly collaborative with exceptional organizational skills.
· Calendar management for the VP and TA Managers which includes but not limited to complex scheduling of interviews, conference coordination with internal and external business partners such as recruiting agencies, diversity partners, key contacts across the enterprise; ensure meeting arrangements are completed accurately with all necessary details and materials
· Prepare/process expense reports and make travel arrangements for the VP and TA Managers
· Draft and edit email, presentations, reports, agendas, summaries and other business correspondence
· Handle and track executive referral resume submission process with superior organization and communication skills
· Assist in key recruitment events, conference planning, and post-event recaps
· Handle confidential and sensitive material related to internal staff and organizational documentation
· Assist with the processing and onboarding of new hires within the HR department
· Customize and implement innovative and impactful administrative/operational solutions
· General TA Team support including ordering supplies, event support, updating team org charts and other materials, new hire paperwork, data entry
· Ad hoc projects as needed
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Dynamic team player with great interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with handling multiple assignments and deadlines and proactively solve problems with a “can-do” attitude and limited supervision
· Highly organized with very strong attention to detail
· Adaptive to changing priorities
· Requires a high degree of initiative and professionalism
· Proven ability to build strong and productive relationships
· Expert level MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Experience working with Google document software, including Docs and Sheets, preferred but not required
Click here to apply in handshake!