Open Enrollment for the 2014 Middlebury College Health & Welfare Benefit Plan is being held from November 1 – 14, 2013. All benefits-eligible employee are required to complete the open enrollment process within this time period even if they do not intend to make benefit changes for 2014.
Open enrollment is your opportunity to:
• Continue your current medical, dental, or vision elections into the new year OR add coverage for yourself and/or dependents OR terminate your own or your dependents’ coverage.
• Continue your current voluntary life and/or accidental death and dismemberment coverage for the new year OR increase OR decrease the amount of existing coverage in these plans.
• Enroll in the health care and/or the dependent care flexible spending account(s) for next year. If you do not make an FSA election, you will not be enrolled for 2014 even if you participated in 2013.
Open Enrollment must be completed, using Banner Web, between November 1 – 14, 2013. Benefits eligible employees will be able to access the open enrollment module from any computer with internet access.
1. Access the Open Enrollment System:
• Click this link: http://go.middlebury.edu/bannerweb OR
• On the bottom right-hand corner of the Middlebury homepage http://www.middlebury.edu/ click “Quick Links” and then “Banner Web”
2. Enter your Banner Web User ID (your Midd ID number) and your PIN and click “Login”.
3. Click “Employee”, then “Benefits and Deductions”, and then “Open Enrollment”.
2014 Premium Rate Chart
STAFF RECOGNITION AWARDS NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN
Nominations for the 2013 Staff Recognition Awards are now open. These awards have been endowed through the generosity of Rudolf K. Haerle, Jr., Professor Emeritus of Sociology, who wished through his gift to recognize the importance of staff to the Middlebury College Community.
Four awards are presented each year – one to a staff member in Dining Services, one to a staff member in Facilities Services, and two to staff members in all other areas of the College. Each winner will receive a cash prize of $200, and their names will be engraved on a plaque that hangs in the Grille.
Nominations for these awards may be submitted by completing the nomination form and sending it as a Word document to the Vice President for Finance and Treasurer mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailing to Old Chapel 102. The deadline for nominations
is Monday, June 24, 2013. has been extended to Monday, August 26, 2013.
The winners will be chosen by a selection committee consisting of the recipients of the 2012 awards: Cindy Leno (Team Leader, Custodial- Facilities Services ); Diane Munroe (Coordinator, Community Based Environmental Studies – Environmental Studies); Brent Simons (Ross Commons Dining Manager – Dining Services); and Arlinda Ardister Wickland (Director, Student Fellowships & Health Professions Advising – Education in Action).
Managers/Supervisors: Please post in a common are for those who do not have access to email.
Do you still have money left in your FSA account? If so, time is running out! 2012 Flexible Spending Account Participants have until midnight (ET) on March 15, 2013 to submit claims for services provided in the calendar year 2012. All claims should be sent to CBA Blue via:
• Fax at 888.291.0920
• Mail to :
PO Box 2365
S. Burlington, VT 05407-2365
Claim forms can be found in the HR office or go/flex
Per IRS Regulations, all remaining balances after March 15th will be forfeited. Don’t let this happen to you!
If you have questions about your Flexible Spending Accounts contact CBA Blue at 1-888-222-9206 or Lisa Hoff at x3372.
Recently, our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) has extended the scope of its services. In addition to covering all employees and household members, our EFAP now provides services to all immediate family members. Immediate family members include:
Children by blood, adoption or marriage
Let your immediate family members know they now have access to all of the EFAP Services including:
Budget & Debt Services
Health & Wellness Coaching
New Parent Transition Program
Your EFAP is just a phone call away…800-828-6025 24 hrs/7 days a week. Or visit the wellnessworklife.com Website.